PGIMER Nursing 2023: For the candidates seeking admission in UG and PG nursing courses, the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) invites the application. The institution offers admission to all courses once a year. For granting admission to B.Sc Nursing, B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic ) and M.Sc Nursing course the PGIMER Nursing entrance exam will be conducted. Candidates will have to qualify the written test and counselling to get the admission. Candidates can fill the application form through online mode but the examination will be held in offline mode. Check all necessary details regarding the PGIMER Nursing 2023.
PGIMER Nursing 2023 Important Dates
|Application form release||2nd week of April 2023|
|Registration Closing Date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date to deposit fee||Last week of May 2023|
|Admit Card||June 2023|
|Examination date||1st week of June 2023|
|Result announcement||last week of June 2023|
|Counselling started from||1st week of July 2023|
For B.Sc and B.Sc Post-Basic Nursing
|Application form release||2nd week of June 2023|
|Registration Closing Date||2nd week of July 2023|
|Last date to deposit fee||2nd week of July 2023|
|Admit Card||3rd week of 2023|
|Examination date||4th week of July 2023|
|Result announcement||1st week of August 2023|
|Counselling started from||2nd week of August 2023|
For M.Sc Nursing:
- Candidate must hold the BSc Nursing/BSc Post Basic Nursing degree from an institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh, and must be passed the qualifying exam with at least 55% aggregate marks.
- Candidate should be a registered Nurse Registered Midwife with 1 year of experience.
For B.Sc Post Basic Nursing:
- Must pass 10+2 or any equivalent exam.
- Passed General Nursing and Midwifery with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks.
For B.Sc Nursing (only for Female candidates):
- Only female candidates are eligible for B.Sc Nursing.
- The age must lie between 17 to 25 years.
- Passed 12th /equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- 12th should be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- 50% of aggregate marks are compulsory to score in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for this exam.
- The application fee can be submitted in the State Bank of India through Challan.
- The application fee is Rs. 1200/- for SC/ST/PwD
- The application fee is Rs. 1500/- for all other categories.
- Candidates having an SBI account can pay the fee through i-collect service.
- The exam will be held in offline mode only.
- The question paper will be published in the English language only.
- A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- The question paper will consist of Objective Type Questions.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be provided.
- 25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For M.Sc. Nursing
|Subjects||No of questions||No of marks|
|Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|Community Health Nursing||15||15|
PGIMER Nursing 2023 Admit Card
- Approximately 15 days prior to the exam the candidates can download the Admit Card.
- Candidate can not take entry to the examination center, without a valid admit card.
- The admit card will be available in the online mode.
- The admit card contains the candidate’s personal and exam related details.
- The examination center will be available at Chandigarh only.
PGIMER Nursing 2023 Admission
- Candidates have to score the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
- As per the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination, the admission will be based on merit prepared.
- 45% is the qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
- 50% is the minimum qualifying marks for General and Foreign candidates.