JKCET 2022: For admission to the courses such as Engineering and Architecture or say B.Tech & B.Arch programmes respectively, Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is conducted by JKBOPEE. It is a state level examination conducted every year. These programmes offered via private as well as government-based institutions located in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. JKBOPEE stands for Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations. Candidates must be permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir to apply for JKCET 2022. Candidates applying under TFW category will be considered as open merit candidates.
JKCET 2022: Important Dates
|Availability of the Application Form
|| 3rd week of January 2022
|Last date to Submit Registration Form
|| 4th week of February 2022
|Issuing Date of Admit Card
|| Last week of April 2022
|JKCET 2022 Exam Date
|| 2nd week of May 2022
|| 4th week of May 2022
|Counselling commencing from
|| 1st week of July 2022
- The applicants should be a permanent resident of J&K state.
- The applicants must have qualified the intermediate examination & equivalent from a recognized board.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate (40% for reserved categories).
- The applicants who are applying for the engineering program must have cleared 12th standard examination with English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as their elective subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2017.
- The applicants must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
JKCET Application Form
JKCET 2022 Application Form
- The application form will be provided in the month of January
- No application provision can be expected offline at all
- The availability of the application form is via online mode
- Fill all the details carefully and also upload the scanned images of signature, photo, and thumb impression in the format such as JPG/JPEG while filling the form.
- Upload the copy of the permanent resident certificate, marks certificate and category certificate.
- The size of the photo should be 500 KB.
- The size of the thumb impression and marks certificate should be 200 KB.
- Take the print out for further reference.
- Pay the application fee which is mandatory for all the categories.
- Make payment via offline or online mode.
- For online payment mode then get it done via HDFC payment gateway via debit or credit card.
- For offline mode then get it done via bank challan any of the branches of HDFC bank or J&K bank.
- Application fee amounts to Rs-800/- for all candidates.
- The mode of payment could be online (HDFC integrated payment gateway with any national DR/CR card).
- It could also be the offline mode (Bank Challan from any branch of HDFC bank & J & K bank).
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Children of Defense Personnel
|Other Backward Class (OBC)
- It conducted through offline mode (Pen and Paper based).
- There will be two papers comprises of PCB and PCM
- Only MCQ types of questions will be asked in the examination.
- Stream PCM & PCB A consisted of 120 questions for subjects Chemistry and Physics with 2 hours duration.
- Stream B is PCB, the paper consisted of Biology for 60 questions one-hour duration.
- Last paper Stream C, PCM consisted of Maths with 60 questions with 1-hour duration.
- One mark will be allotted for every right answer.
- 25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Name of the Stream
||No. of Questions
|PCM & PCB
||Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)
JKCET 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card can be acquired via online mode
- The admit card consisted of details such as exam date, time of examination, the venue for the exam, name of the candidate etc
- Make sure for carrying the admit card while moving for the attempt of the exam
- Keep the admit card safely till the admission process come to an end
JKCET 2022 Answer key
- Candidates can access the answer key via online mode
- The answer key will be posted after exam commencement
- If any mistake is found in the answer key then one can send the written appeal along with the documentary proof of textbook
- There will be a payment to challenge the answer key.
- Make sure for paying Rs.1000/- as a challenge fee.
JKCET 2022 Counselling
- The schedule for the counselling will release via online mode in the website and also in the English newspapers
- Candidate will attend the counselling process based on the merit list
- The counselling letter will be provided via online mode through the website.
- Candidates need to choose the college as well as programme as per the preference.
- Candidates should carry the original certificates and the fee Rs. 500/- as the counselling fee.
Documents required during Counselling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and Passing certificate.
- DOB certificate
- Permanent resident certificate
- Scorecard of JKCET 2022 exam
- Category certificate
- Challan copy
- The syllabus will be based on the 11th and 12th standard.
- The questions will be asked from these subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.