JKCET 2022: For admission to the courses such as Engineering and Architecture or say B.Tech & B.Arch programmes respectively, Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is conducted by JKBOPEE. It is a state level examination conducted every year. These programmes offered via private as well as government-based institutions located in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. JKBOPEE stands for Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations. Candidates must be permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir to apply for JKCET 2022. Candidates applying under TFW category will be considered as open merit candidates.
JKCET 2022: Important Dates
|Availability of the Application Form
| 3rd week of January 2022
|Last date to Submit Registration Form
| 4th week of February 2022
|Issuing Date of Admit Card
| Last week of April 2022
|JKCET 2022 Exam Date
| 2nd week of May 2022
| 4th week of May 2022
|Counselling commencing from
| 1st week of July 2022
- The applicants should be a permanent resident of J&K state.
- The applicants must have qualified the intermediate examination & equivalent from a recognized board.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate (40% for reserved categories).
- The applicants who are applying for the engineering program must have cleared 12th standard examination with English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as their elective subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2017.
- The applicants must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
JKCET Application Form
JKCET 2022 Application Form
- The application form will be provided in the month of January
- No application provision can be expected offline at all
- The availability of the application form is via online mode
- Fill all the details carefully and also upload the scanned images of signature, photo, and thumb impression in the format such as JPG/JPEG while filling the form.
- Upload the copy of the permanent resident certificate, marks certificate and category certificate.
- The size of the photo should be 500 KB.
- The size of the thumb impression and marks certificate should be 200 KB.
- Take the print out for further reference.
- Pay the application fee which is mandatory for all the categories.
- Make payment via offline or online mode.
- For online payment mode then get it done via HDFC payment gateway via debit or credit card.
- For offline mode then get it done via bank challan any of the branches of HDFC bank or J&K bank.
- Application fee amounts to Rs-800/- for all candidates.
- The mode of payment could be online (HDFC integrated payment gateway with any national DR/CR card).
- It could also be the offline mode (Bank Challan from any branch of HDFC bank & J & K bank).
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Children of Defense Personnel
|Other Backward Class (OBC)
- It conducted through offline mode (Pen and Paper based).
- There will be two papers comprises of PCB and PCM
- Only MCQ types of questions will be asked in the examination.
- Stream PCM & PCB A consisted of 120 questions for subjects Chemistry and Physics with 2 hours duration.
- Stream B is PCB, the paper consisted of Biology for 60 questions one-hour duration.
- Last paper Stream C, PCM consisted of Maths with 60 questions with 1-hour duration.
- One mark will be allotted for every right answer.
- 25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Name of the Stream
|No. of Questions
|PCM & PCB
|Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)
JKCET 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card can be acquired via online mode
- The admit card consisted of details such as exam date, time of examination, the venue for the exam, name of the candidate etc
- Make sure for carrying the admit card while moving for the attempt of the exam
- Keep the admit card safely till the admission process come to an end
JKCET 2022 Answer key
- Candidates can access the answer key via online mode
- The answer key will be posted after exam commencement
- If any mistake is found in the answer key then one can send the written appeal along with the documentary proof of textbook
- There will be a payment to challenge the answer key.
- Make sure for paying Rs.1000/- as a challenge fee.
JKCET 2022 Counselling
- The schedule for the counselling will release via online mode in the website and also in the English newspapers
- Candidate will attend the counselling process based on the merit list
- The counselling letter will be provided via online mode through the website.
- Candidates need to choose the college as well as programme as per the preference.
- Candidates should carry the original certificates and the fee Rs. 500/- as the counselling fee.
Documents required during Counselling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and Passing certificate.
- DOB certificate
- Permanent resident certificate
- Scorecard of JKCET 2022 exam
- Category certificate
- Challan copy
- The syllabus will be based on the 11th and 12th standard.
- The questions will be asked from these subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.