KAU Admission 2022 – Kerala Agricultural University: The admission in various courses like B.Sc-M.Sc (Integrated) 5 years, B Sc. (Hons.) Co-operation and Banking Degree Programme, Diploma, MBA, PG, and Ph.D. programme is provided by Kerala Agricultural University. Candidates who are willing to apply for KAU Admission should check their eligibility criteria from the official notification. On the performance of the individual candidates in the written exam, admission to this university will be based. After the written exam, the rank will be published according to the performance of the candidates in the written exam. All the important information about KAU Admission 2022 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card and Result, etc are given in the article below.
KAU Admission 2022
KAU Application process is going to start in the 1st week of March 2022. Candidates can Click Here to apply for Kerala Agricultural University.
KAU Admission 2022 Important Dates
For Other Courses
|Submission of online application||February 2022|
|Last date for submission of the application form||2nd week of March 2022|
|Last date for receipt of a hard copy of the application||1st week of April 2022|
|Publication of List of candidates eligible for GD& PI||2nd week of April 2022|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||3rd week of April 2022|
|Publication of Final Select List||Last week of April 2022|
|Counselling & Admission||Last week of April 2022|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of Classes||1st week of August 2022|
Courses Offered through KAU Admission 2022
- Faculty of Agriculture: B.Sc. (Hons) Ag., B.Sc. Hons (C&B), M.Sc. (Hort.), M.Sc. (FS & N), M.Sc. Ag Biotech and Ph.D., M.Sc. (Ag.), M.Sc. (Food Sci. & Nutrition.) and Ph.D., M.Sc. (Integrated) Biotechnology, M.Sc. (Integrated) Climate Change Adaptation, MBA in Agri-Business Management, M.Sc. (C&B), Ph.D., Ph.D. (Agriculture-various disciplines)
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology: B.Tech, M.Tech
- Faculty of Forestry: B.Sc., M.Sc., PhD
Colleges under KAU
- Vellayani: College of Agriculture
- Vellanikkara: College of Forestry
- Padannakkad: College of Agriculture
- Ambalavayal: College of Agriculture
- Vellanikkara: College of Horticulture
- Vellanikkara: College of Co-operation, Banking, and Management
- Tavanur: Kelappaji College of Agrl. Engineering and Technology
- Vellanikkara: Academy of Climate Change Education and Research
For B.Sc-M.Sc (Integrated) and B.Sc (Hons) Courses
- Passed Plus Two/Higher Secondary/ recognized equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks is required to be eligible (pass class for SC/ST candidates).
- The above examination should be passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Biotechnology in plus two levels may also be considered.
- Candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject in the +2 level, for Climate Change Adaptation Course.
For PG Courses –
- M Sc. (Ag./ Hort.): Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject/ equivalent degree recognized by KAU with a required CGPA/percentage.
- M.Sc. (Forestry): A basic degree in Forestry/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H (for Wildlife Science only) or equivalent degree recognized by KAU with a required CGPA/percentage.
- M Sc. (Ag.Statistics): A degree in Agriculture or equivalent recognized by KAU. Or degree holders in B Sc. Mathematics/Statistics from a recognized University can also apply with a required CGPA/percentage.
- M.Sc. (C&B): B Sc. (Hons.) C& B degree of the KAU or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with a required CGPA/percentage.
- M Sc. Home Science (FS&N): A bachelor’s degree in Home Science/Family and Community Science or B Sc. (Hons.) Ag. of KAU or equivalent with a required CGPA/percentage.
- M.Tech. (Ag. Engg.): A bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering/Food Engineering or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with a required CGPA/percentage.
- B.Tech (Food Engineering) graduates are eligible to apply only for the discipline of “Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering”.
For MBA Course
- Professional graduates of State Agricultural Universities/ Deemed Universities under the ICAR system with a required CGPA/percentage.
- Graduates, including professional graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities, are recognized by AICTE/UGC with a required CGPA/percentage.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for the course.
- These candidates will secure their mark list and provisional certificate on or before the date of admission.
For the PhD Programme
- For Ph.D. except in Home Science & Rural Marketing Management: Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification with a required CGPA/percentage.
- A basic degree in Agri./ Hort./Ag. Engg./ Forestry is essential for all courses except Home Science and Rural Marketing Management.
- For Home Science: M Sc. in Home Science with specialization in Food Science and Nutrition/M Sc. in Food Science and Nutrition recognized by KAU with a required CGPA/percentage.
- For Rural Marketing Management: Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or recognized equivalent qualification or MBA (ABM) with a required CGPA/percentage.
KAU Admission Process
Applicants need to read all the important details related to the university. On the basis of the performance of candidates in the written test and previous academic records, the selection of candidates for different courses will be done. Read the next section to know more about the selection process.
For MBA Agribusiness Management
- The application fee for General Candidates is Rs. 750/-.
- The application fee for SC/ST candidates belonging to the State of Kerala is Rs.375/-.
- SC/ST candidates with nativity other than Kerala have to pay Rs.750/- as an application fee.
For Diploma in Agriculture and Organic Science
- Admission will be based on total marks obtained in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry in +2 or equivalent examination.
- The total marks/ marks in Biology/age of the candidate etc in the decreasing order of priority will be considered, in case there is a tie.
For B.Sc-M.Sc (5 Year) Integrated and B.Sc (Hons) courses
- The selection of candidates will be based on an Entrance Exam.
- The questions in the exam will be objective type and based on the +2 syllabus.
- Allotment to the course will be based on the rank list published by the University.
- The examination center will be decided by the University in accordance with the number of applicants.
For PG Programmes:
- There will be an entrance examination of two hours duration.
- The questions will be objective multiple choice answer types.
- There will be a common entrance examination for each program as listed below:
- M.Sc.(Ag.) /M Sc.(Hort.): One entrance examination of 2-hour duration with questions from B Sc. (Ag.) syllabus of KAU.
- M.Sc. (Ag. Stat.): Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. (Mathematics / Statistics) syllabus.
- M.Sc.(Forestry): Entrance examination with questions from the B Sc. (Forestry) syllabus of KAU.
- M.Sc. Home Science (FS&N): Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. Home Science syllabus.
- M.Sc.(C&B): Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. (C&B) syllabus of KAU.
- M.Tech. (Ag. Engg.): Entrance examination with questions from B Tech. (Ag. Engg) syllabus of KAU.
For MBA Course
- Admission shall be based on the score in the KMAT, CAT, or CMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The general candidate should have the required Academic Performance in the qualifying degree examination.
For Ph.D. Programmes
- The selection will be made based on the overall assessment of the merit of the candidate by a Selection Committee constituted for the purpose as detailed below:
- Academic merit based on the marks obtained for the master’s degree program: 40
- Teaching / research / extension-experience: 15
- Published papers / meritorious teaching/research/ extension work: 15
- Project proposal: 10
- Interview: 20
- A minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) is necessary for qualifying the interview.