Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023: Kendriya Vidyalaya is a summation of 1093 central government schools affiliated to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan oversees the functioning of all KVS schools in India. The admission procedure for all schools is unified as per the KVS Admission guidelines.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Dates
for Class I Admission
|Release of Advertisement||last week of March 2023|
|Starting of Registration for Class I||1st week of April 2023|
|Ending of Registration for Class I||3rd week of April 2023|
|Declaration of provisional select and a waitlist of registered candidates (1st List)||4th week of April 2023|
|Release of 2nd Admission List for Class 1 (if seats remain vacant)||4th week of April 2023|
|Release of 3rd Admission List for Class 1 (if seats remain vacant)||1st week of May 2023|
|Declaration of the provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any (keeping the leftover reserved seats blocked).||1st week of May 2023|
|Extended date for Second Notification for offline Registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST, and OBC (NCL) if sufficient applications not received in online mode.
last week of March 2023
|Notification||1st week of May 2023|
|Registration||2nd week of May 2023|
|Display of list||3rd week of May 2023|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023: Age Criteria
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|I||05 years||07 years|
|II||06 years||08 years|
|III||07 years||09 years|
|IV||08 years||10 years|
|V||09 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
Physically handicapped candidates get relaxation for 2 years in age limit.
Reservation of Seats
|Categories||Percentage of Reservation|
|Economically weaker section of Society (EWS)||25%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Differently Abled Children||3%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023: Registration
After the release of official notification, which will be available in the last week of February, the interested applicant can submit the application form on kvsonlineadmission.in
Documents to be attached to the registration form
For Class I
- Certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births.
For other classes
- The date of birth would be accepted which recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department.
- Admissions up to Class VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body or affidavit.
- A certificate of the relationship must be produced for grandchildren of the Honorable Members of Parliament, PSU Employees, and KVS employees.
- SC/ST/EWS/OBC and BPL categories candidates need to produce a certificate issued by a state or union government.
- Handicapped or physically disabled candidates need to produce a certificate from a civil surgeon or rehabilitation center.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defense personnel.
- Proof of Residence.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Procedure
For Class I
- Out of the available seats of fresh admission, 15 percent will be reserved for SC and 7.5 percent will be reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- There will be two phases for the admission to first class.
- The shortfall in the seats reserved for SC/ST, if any shall be made good by admitting SC/ST applicants.
Neighbourhood & Proof Of Residence
- Proof of residence shall have to be produced by all applicants.
- However, due to the non-submission of Proof of residence, the admission cannot be denied.
- A self-declaration in writing from the parent about distance.
- For the purpose of monitoring a system of Draw of Lots to be held in Class I, every Kendriya Vidyalaya will constitute a committee.
- The same would be done in any other class wherever such a stage is reached when all candidates of a particular category or having the same number of transfers cannot be accommodated against the available number of seats.
For Class II to Class VIII
- Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII.
- The admission may be granted based on the Priority category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be).
- The lottery system will be followed in each category including a single girl child quota. (Class VI Onwards), if applications are more than the number of seats.
For Class IX
- Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list prepared for each category of priority separately.
For Class XI
- Admission to Class XII in streams of Humanities, Commerce, and Science will be on the basis of merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared as the CGPA obtained by the student in Class X.
- Class strength is reserved at 40 per stream.
For Class 10 & 12
For Admission to classes 10 & 12 in Kendriya Vidyalaya other than KV students will be entertained subject to the availability of vacancies. Only if the average strength in class 10 or 12 is below 40, the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned KVs will consider such admission to classes 10 & 12.
This may subject to change according to the following conditions:
- For class 10, the candidate must have obtained not less than 6.5 CGPA in class 9.
- For class 12, the candidate must have obtained not less than 55% marks in the class 11 examination.
- The combination of subjects opted by the candidates should be available in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Priorities to the Candidates
- Children of transferable and non-transferable central government employees and ex-servicemen.
- Children of foreign national officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
- Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
- Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
- Same as category II
- Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons.
- Only in case, there are no Indian Nationals’ waitlisted for admission, then the Children of Foreign Nationals would be considered.
34 thoughts on “Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24: KVS Application Form, Dates”
admission alerts for 2019-2020
Keep in touch with this page
i don’t find kvs application form for admission in class 1 for my child boy
Admission alert for class 1 for ac year 2019-2020
Did the 2019-2020 admissions start? or the above dates are for 2018-2019
For the session 2019-20, Admission process will be started from April 2019 tentatively.
Even the application will be distributed in April 2019?
Admission alert for class 1
Please inform to new admission 2019 for class 1
Admission for I
I am study in8class
Need admission for my daughter for 7th std 2023-24 i.e next year.please guide how to proceed
is entrance test conduct for class 8 in kvs
I need a form class 1 admission next year
Need admission for my only one daughter for 7th std 2023-24 next year. Please guide how to proceed ews category please help
One girl child please admissions in 7std so how
Sir EWS se karana ho to
I want to admit my baby in class 1 in 2023-24 session
i want to admit my baby for class 2 for the year 2023-24
I wanted to admit my kid for the year 2023-24. for 1st std
I wanted to know if general category private employees can get admission for their children? Please reply. Thanks
I want to admit my single female baby in class lV.Please inform me in details
I want to admit in class lV 2023 -24 for my single female child. Please details the admission criteria.
When will class 5 addmission form released for year 2023-24?
Its admission is open for 2nd and 1st Standard students,
Class 9 admission form please alert
Class 1 admission form 2023 2024 obc category please alert in detail
Please tell when the online recruitment of class 3rd and class 4th will start for the session 2023-24, and how we will get the information about this online recruitment.
I need a form class 1 admission next year
I WANT TO ADMISSION MY BABY GIRL IN CLASS IV PLS INFORM AND DETAIL ME
Sir i want take admission class ix
Sir i want take admission class ix please fill the form
i want to admit my son class 2 for the year 2023-2024