Kerala SET 2023: Kerala State Eligibility Test (KSET) is a state-level mandatory examination for aspiring candidates to become School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in Higher Secondary Schools in Kerala. LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala Govt.) organizes the KSET.
If you are someone who is looking forward to pursuing a career as a teacher within Kerala then all the necessary details regarding KSET 2023 have been arranged here for your convenience. Read further to go through the application process, examination pattern, eligibility criteria, etc. step-step-step.
Kerala SET 2023 Important Dates
|Release of Application Form
|Last Date of Online Registration
|Last Date to Rectify the Online Application Form
|Last Date to Submit the Fee
|Release of Admit Card
|Kerala SET 2023 Exam
Kerala SET 2023 Application Form
For KSET 2023, the application form will be released online on www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. After visiting the site, click SET to download the application form. From there, download and fill the application form using the following procedure:
- Register the mobile number to initiate the downloading of the application form.
- Fill in the requisite details as asked in the application form.
- Upload the photo in the third step.
- Proceed to deposit the Online Application Fee.
- Take a printout of the filled application form and finally submit the online application form.
Candidates from the General and OBC category have to pay Rs.1000/- while candidates of SC, ST, and physically challenged category need to pay Rs`500/- as application fee for KSET 2023. Besides this, processing charges and GST must be paid by the candidate as applicable. Candidates can pay the application fee online via Credit Card/Debit Card /Net Banking or other modes provided on the website.
Aspiring candidates who have a master’s degree in the relevant subjects with a minimum of 50% or higher marks are eligible to apply for KSET 2023. Also, a candidate having a B.Ed. degree in any form from any renowned University is also considered eligible for SET Feb-2023.
Key points to remember:
- Aspirants having M.Sc.Ed in Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics with no less than 50% marks or equivalent grades from any regional institute funded by NCERT can also apply. Also, the candidates holding an M.Sc.Ed degree in life science with a minimum of 50% or equivalent grade from provincial institutes of education are eligible for taking KSET 2023.
- Candidates opting for French, Commerce, German, Psychology, Music, Statistics, Russian, Geology, Philosophy, Sociology, Syriac, journalism, and Social work do not require a B.Ed degree to apply for Kerala SET.
- Anyone with a second class Master’s degree in Communicative English scoring at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade and a B.Ed degree can apply for KSET in English.
- DLED in Arabic, Hindi, and Urdu is sufficient enough even without B.Ed degree for the Kerala SET 2023.
- Candidates applying for Biotechnology must possess a PG degree in the particular discipline with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade are considered eligible. However, an additional B.Ed. degree in Natural Science is required for the state eligibility test.
- Applicants with a B.Ed degree in Hindi from DakshinBharatha Hindi PracharSabha don’t need to produce the equivalency certificate, as now it is also accepted by Kerala Universities.
- There is no age limit set for candidates to apply in KSET 2023.
KSET 2023 Examination Pattern
There will be two papers in KSET 2023. Paper-I consists of Aptitude in Teaching and General Knowledge while paper-II is prepared from the subject of the candidate in his/her post-graduate level.
- There will be a total of 120 questions in Paper-I.
- It will be divided into two parts as A and B.
- Each section comprises 60 questions.
- For every correct answer, the candidate gets one mark.
- It also has 120 questions and every correct answer will be given one mark, except for Statistics and Mathematics
- Around 80 questions will be asked in Mathematics and Statistics where each correct answer will be rewarded a 1.5 mark.
The total time duration set for papers I and II will be 120 minutes. All questions asked in KSET 2023 shall be objective type.
- A general category candidate requires 40 marks for both papers separately to qualify for the Kerala SET 2023.
- For OBC/ physically challenged/ST/SC candidates, the qualifying score is 35.
KSET 2023 Result
The result of KSET 2023 will be declared on LBS Centre’s official website. The scorecard will have the necessary details about the candidate. All the candidates applying for a SET certificate must generate it within a year of the result announcement date. If the candidate generates the certificate after the due date, a late fee of Rs.500 and an extra charge of Rs.250 for each subsequent year passing by will be charged.