The application process for PG/M.Phil/P.G.Diploma/Diploma/Certificate courses will be started at the University of Madras (MU), Chennai. Applicants may submit an application via the university portal, unom.ac.in. There will be a test is for admittance to postgraduate, postgraduate diploma, diploma, and certificate programs. For admissions, the institution uses the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Read out the qualifying requirements, the application process, admit card, and result for the Madras University Admission by scrolling down.
Applicants should be aware that the Madras University Entrance Exam 2023 is organized by the department for the purpose of helping students. The university includes 92 post-graduate research and education divisions. The key dates for the Madras University Entrance Exam 2023 are shown here.
Ph.D Admission January 2023 Details
|Application available on||December 2022|
|Last date to apply||December 2022|
|Application fees||Rs. 500/-|
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
Madras University Admission 2023-24: Important Dates
|Opening of Application Forms||March 2023|
|Closing of Application Forms||April 2023|
|Release of Date of Entrance Exam||1st week of May 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date||2nd week of June 2023|
- Applicants must attentively study and comprehend the Madras University Entrance Exam qualifying requirements.
- Applicants would have to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute, as well as having completed the necessary courses needed for admittance to the requested program.
- Madras University accepts applications from both Indian and international students.
- The scores earned in the general qualifying examination (50 percent ) and the entrance examination marks(50 percent) are used to determine admission to PG. programs.
- The amount of seats available is restricted to each division providing the programs, and choices are made in accordance with the Tamil Nadu government’s quota system.
- Applicants from all other states (excluding SC/ST) would only be accepted for General Round selection.
Madras University Application Form
On the online webpage of Madras University, unom.ac.in, the Madras University Entrance Exam 2023 Registration Form is available. Applicants must complete the form carefully and accurately since there is no way to modify it. Tamil Nadu SC/ST/SCA applicants are eligible to register once per the application form at no cost. The processes to apply are outlined below.
- Visit the official portal or visit the website provided above.
- Next, on the online registration option, hit.
- Now, put in the candidate’s name, date of birth, email address, phone number, home state, region, and state.
- Following that, an OTP is issued to the contact information.
- Use your registered id and requisite password to log in.
- Fill out the Madras University Entrance Exam 2023 Application Form with all of the necessary information.
- After that, submit your picture, signature, and certificate.
- Submit the registration cost now.
- Download a copy of the application form after that.
- Receive a copy of the application form and include it with the receipt of payment in the mail.
In addition, the necessary papers must be uploaded.
- Certifications from the HSC
- If a community certificate is requested
- Certificate of transfer (TC)
- Marks declaration
- Provisional/degree certification
Applicants have to make a payment of Rs.354/- (Rs.300 + 18% GST of Rs.54/-) as an application fee through an online transaction through the SB Collect gateway.
Madras University Admit Card
On the online webpage of Madras University, the Madras University Entrance Exam 2023 Admit Card / Hall Ticket will be released. Applicants may log in using their cellphone number (10 digits) as their login id and their date of birth. Only applicants who have properly completed the Madras University Entrance Exam 2023 application form will be issued admit cards. Without a piece of proper identification evidence and an admit card, no applicant is permitted to enter the test venue.
Madras University Admissions 2023: Fee Structure
|Course/Program||Average Annual Fee Structure|
|Diploma in Humanities||Rs.3,000/-|
|Master of Arts||Rs.4,000/-|
|Doctorate of Medicine (M.D.)||Rs.21,500/-|
Madras University Admission 2023: CBCS Criteria
In 2001-2002, the University Departments adopted the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) pattern.
The Choice-Based Credit Method is a diverse learning method. The word “credit” refers to the amount of content/syllabus needed for a program and the number of hours of teaching requested.
A semester usually goes on for over a period of 15 weeks. Each week has 30 working hours over a 5 day week. Credit requirements for M.Phil, Post Graduation, P.G.Diploma, Diploma and Certificate course:-
- PG. Program (2 years) – 91 Credits
- M.B.A. Program (2 years) – 95 Credits
- M.L. Program (2 years) – 102 Credits
- P.G. Program (3 years ) – 135 Credits
- P.G. Diploma – 38 Credits
- Diploma – 18 Credits
- Certificate – 10 Credits