MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023: Mahatma Gandhi University, popularly known as MG University conducts the procedure of MGU Kerala PhD Admission. It is a UGC approved university which has grown to be amongst the top universities in India. MGU provides PhD in various disciplines in Full time and Part-time (internal/external). It also offers 300 academic programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate level all over India. Admissions to Ph.D. will be done on the basis of qualifying examination merit as well as the performance in written aptitude test (WAT) and interview. Candidates can fill the application form of MGU Kerala Ph.D. Admission 2023 along with the registration fee through the official website.
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Registration||3rd week of April 2023|
|Downloading Hall tickets||4th May 2023|
|Entrance Examination on||1st week of June 2023|
- A Postgraduate degree in any discipline from MG University or any other university which is considered as equivalent by MGU is required to apply for MGU Kerala PhD Admission.
- Candidates should have passed the above qualification with a minimum of 55% aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- MBBS/ BAHMS/ BHMS /BDS degree candidates should have a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- Appearing candidates awaiting the results of PG degree can also apply for the programme.
- CA and ACS candidates can also apply.
- The name of such candidates has been entered in the Register as members maintained by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India.
Check Here: MG University Admission 2023
Documents required to send with Application Form
- PG degree mark sheet and certificate
- Phil. degree certificate (if applicable)
- Certificates of JRF/NET/SLET / GATE/GPAT/KSCSTINPIRE/MANF/RGNF etc.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer (if applicable)
- Agreement letter from the Heard of the Research Centre
- Caste certificates of SC/ST (if applicable)
- Eligibility certificate of M.Phil./PG degree holders if done from any other university.
- C. from the institution where the candidates last studied.
- Scorecard copy of WAT (it appeared)
- Letter of consent showing vacancy position of the supervising teacher
- The Registration fee is INR 1025.
- The fee in case of SC/ST candidates will be INR 775.
- The application fee is payable at MG University Cash Counter/ Janasevana Kedram /SBT branches through MG University pay-in-slip.
- Candidates can also send the form along with the documents by attaching a challan of receipt.
- There is no online mode of payment.
- Demand Draft is also not accepted.
Three copies of the Research proposal in the following format
- On the front page, these details should be there with a heading of Research Proposal -Title of Research work, Research area, discipline, Name and address of the candidate, supervising teacher and research center.
- Then, candidates should give an introduction including the related studies.
- Candidates should provide, Importance of the work.
- Objectives of the study
- Methods and design of work (methodology)
- Work schedule (year wise)
- The research proposal should be signed by the Research Guide at the first and the last page respectively. Also, the total number of pages should not exceed 5.
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Selection Process
Candidates must appear for the WAT exam, conducted by the university itself. The selected candidates of WAT can register by filling the application form and appear for the interview round. On the basis of candidate’s performance in WAT and interview, the final selection will be done by the university committee.
Check Here: PhD Admission Notification 2023
Selection of candidates exempted from WAT
- Qualifying degree
- Letter of consent showing vacancy position of the Supervising Teacher.
- Letter of Agreement of the Head of the Research Centre.
The following group of people will be exempted from giving WAT:
- JRF Awardees
- UGC Teacher fellows
- DST Women Scientist Awardees
- Candidates having degrees of M.Phil & M.Tech ( in all disciplines).
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF/RGNF/ or fellowship awardees.
- Candidates who serve as Scientists of Accredited R&D Institutions or Regular & Permanent teachers in University Departments and Government /Aided colleges in the state.
- Candidates having degrees of MD&MS ( in modern medicine, homeopathy, and Ayurveda)