MPKV Admission 2024: Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri was established on 29th March 1968 which became functional from October 1969. There are many constituent colleges under MPKV. The university offers numerous UG, PG, Diploma, and Doctorate programs in Agriculture, Food Technology, Horticulture, Biotechnology, etc.
The university provides admission in UG courses on a merit basis in the last qualifying exam. However, a CET (Common Entrance Test) is conducted to provide admission in M.Tech course and for Ph.D. a valid NET (National Eligibility Test) is required. For MBA admission the university considers a valid score card in MAT/XAT/CAT. The candidates interested to get admission to these courses can apply from the official website of MCAER (Maharashtra Council of Agriculture Education and Research). You can also get important details about MPKV admission 2024 from this article such as eligibility, application form, etc.
Overview of MPKV, Rahuri
|University||Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth|
|Type of the University||State|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance test and Merit-Basis|
|Mode of application||Online and offline|
MPKV provides many courses like UG, PG, Ph.D., and Doctorate. The eligibility criteria for different courses are different. You can check the eligibility criteria for a particular course you are applying for.
|B.Sc (Hons)||Horticulture||The candidates must have passed 12th or Higher Secondary in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (as compulsory subjects) from a recognized University.
They must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in 12th grade.
Merit-based in the qualifying exam
|Agriculture Business Management|
The candidates must have completed B.Sc (Agriculture) / B.Sc (ABM) / B.Sc (Agriculture Biotech) / B.Sc (Horticulture) / B.Tech (Food Tech) / BBA (Agriculture) / B.Sc (BBM) / B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering) / B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Sc (Hons.) Home Science Degree or equivalent degree from a recognized University
Based on Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the University.
|Irrigation Water Management|
|Genetics Plant Breeding|
|Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry|
|Horticulture||The candidates must have completed B.Sc (Agriculture) / B.Sc (Forestry) B.Sc (Horticulture) or equivalent degree with a 4-years duration from a recognized University.|
|Food Technology||The candidates must have completed B.Tech (Food Technology) or equivalent from a recognized University.|
|Forestry||The candidates must have completed B.Sc (Agriculture) / B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Sc (Horticulture) or equivalent from a recognized University.|
|Fisheries Science||The candidates must have completed B.F.Sc or equivalent with 4-years duration from a recognized University.|
|Home Science||The candidates must have completed B.Sc (Home Science Hons.) or equivalent from a recognized University.|
|Agriculture Biotechnology||The candidates must have completed B.Sc (Agriculture) / B.Sc (Horticulture_ / B.F.Sc / B.Sc (Agriculture Bio-Tech) / B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Tech (Food Tech) or equivalent from a recognized University|
|M.Sc (Horticulture) Course||Floriculture & Landscaping||The candidates must have completed a B.Sc (Horticulture) degree or equivalent with a 4-years duration of agriculture from a recognized University.|
|M.Tech Course||Irrigation & Drainage Engineering||
The candidates must have completed B.Tech or equivalent from a recognized University.
|Farm Machinery & Power Engineering|
|Process & Food Engineering|
|Soil & Water Conservation Engineering|
|MBA Course||Agriculture Business Mgmt.||The candidates must have completed B.Sc (Agriculture) / B.Sc (ABM) / B.Sc (Agriculture Biotech) / B.Sc (Horticulture) / B.F.Sc/ BBA (Agriculture) / B.Sc (BBM) / B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering) / B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Tech (Food Tech) / B.Sc (Hons.) Home Science or equivalent from a recognized University|
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering) applicants are eligible to apply for the Agriculture Meteorology subject only.
- B.Tech (Food Tech) applicants are eligible to apply for Food Science & Technology subject only.
- B.Sc (Hons.) Home Science applicants are eligible to apply for Agriculture Extension education subject only.
|The candidates must have qualified a Master’s Degree in a relevant stream from a recognized University.||Selection will be based on CSIR NET|
|Diploma||Agriculture Technology||The candidates must have passed 10th from a recognized Board.|
Application Process- MPKV Admission 2024
The application process for PG and Ph.D. courses is online, whereas for UG courses the application procedure is offline.
Online Process of Application
- Visit the website of MCAER and click on the “Online Application” tab.
- Now, click on the “Apply Now” link.
- Start filling up the application form by providing the correct details.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The candidates also have to pay the registration fee of Rs. 600/- (in case of reserved categories Rs. 300/-) through Challan in SBI or through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking. The fee can also be paid through Demand Draft in favor of “Financial Advisor, MCAER, Pune”.
- The candidates also need to take a printout of the duly filled-in application form and send it by post or courier along with self-attested copies of required documents and recent passport size photograph at this address-
Kalp Technology Pvt. Ltd. (KTPL)
Shop 1 & 2, Radhakant Co-op, Hsg. Society,
Rambaug Colony, Opp. Krishna Hospital,
Paud Road, Pune- 411038, Maharashtra.
Offline Process of application
- The candidates applying for admission can download the prospectus and application form from the official website MCAER website.
- Fill up the application form with genuine details as required by the university.
- Also, pay the application fee of Rs. 600/- (in the case of SC/ST Rs. 300/-). The fee can be paid through Net Banking / Challan in the SBI branch / Demand Draft (drawn in favor of “Financial Advisor, MCAER, Pune” payable at Pune).
- The duly filled-in application form has to be sent to any of the Application Receipt Centres of the Institution along with necessary documents and a recent passport-size photograph.
The candidates can visit the official website http://www.mcaer.org/ or https://mpkv.ac.in to get more details on MPKV Admission 2024.