NATA 2022: NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. The Council of Architecture or COA manages this exam. The Council of Architecture is an autonomous statutory body and is the final authority to set the norms for the architectural institutions. It is a national level examination commenced every year. NATA registration is going to start from 1st week of January 2022.
NATA 2022 Important Updates
Online Application Process starts from 1st week of January 2022. Candidates can Click Here to register for NATA.
NATA 2022 Important Date
|Registration starts from||1st week of January 2022|
|The closing of the registration process||1st week of February 2022|
|Uploading images in the online application||1st week of February 2022|
|Payment of fee||1st week of February 2022|
|Correction window will open from||3rd week of February 2022|
|Correction windows will be closed||Last week of February 2022|
|Admit Card will be available from||Last week of March 2022|
|NATA 2022 Exam Starts from||3rd week of April 2022|
|Result||2nd week of June 2022|
- Candidates must have completed their standard 10th or equivalent examination.
- For B.Arch program, students should have passed 12th or equivalent exam with mathematics subject.
- There is no procedure of lateral entry admission in any stage/yr of B.Arch.
- NATA score card is valid for 2yrs from the yr of appearing.
NATA 2022 Registration
- Candidates are required to register using online mode
- The registration will start in the month of January
- The registration gets over by the month of February
- Fill all the personal info and upload the documents during the time of online form filling process
- Upload the scanned images like password size photograph, left thumb impression, and signature
- Take the print out of the confirmation page which is generated once the application form payment is one
- If any mistake is done while entering the details then candidates can make corrections in the first week of February
- The application fee or registration fee that candidates need to submit is Rs.1250
- The payment of the application form will be via modes such as online or offline.
- The modes are credit card/debit card, net banking, and e-challan
- Those who have opted for attempting the examination in Dubai, need to pay INR 7000 for issuing the admit card accordingly.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
- Type of Exam: NATA exam pattern consists of 2 parts: Drawing test and aesthetic sensitivity test.
- Mode: The drawing test will be in offline mode (pen and paper-based) and the aesthetic sensitivity test will be in online mode (computer-based test).
- Questions: The drawing test will include three questions.
- Duration: Two hours for drawing test.
- Questions: In the aesthetic sensitivity test, candidates have to answer 40 objective type questions.
- Duration: To answer each question total of 90 seconds is allotted in CBT mode.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
Exam Pattern of Drawing Test
|Subject||Number of Question||Total Marks|
- The candidates who wish to get admission in the B.Arch course have to get at least a 40% score in NATA (according to Council of Architecture Admission Guidelines).
The procedure of scoring for drawing test
There will be a panel of 3 examiners to review the answers of the drawing test and the average marks given by the 3 will be considered. The examiners will evaluate the candidate’s ability in drawing, imagination, observation, sense of proportion, perspective, color sense, and composition.
The procedure of scoring for the aesthetic sensitivity test
This is a computer-based adaptive test and the difficulty level of the questions will be changed as per the candidate’s ability level. When a candidate gives the right answer then the next question will be a difficult one, whereas a candidate gives the wrong answer then the next question will be the easier one. The final score will depend on the average difficulty level of all the questions and the given right answers. For example- a candidate attempting fewer right answers with higher difficulty questions may score more than a candidate attempting more right answers with fewer difficult questions.
The candidates can check NATA results from the official website. The scorecard will be available on the website four days after the test. The original mark sheet can be retrieved by any admission authority directly from NATA server. The mark sheet uploaded from NATA server will only be considered, not the printouts, etc. The candidates can use the print out only in case if it is required by the admission authority. The NATA 2022 scorecard will be valid up to 2 years from the date of the last test taken.
- The participating Institutions Individually organizes the Counselling.
- No counselling will be conducted by the COA.
- The counselling starts after the result declaration.
- Candidates can apply to get admission on the basis of the NATA Scorecard.
- The Score Card will be valid only for the academic year 2019-2022.
NATA 2022 Counselling Process
- The applicants who have scored minimum cut off marks can take part in the counselling process.
- The council prepares the merit list on the basis of the cut off marks.
- On the basis of the merit list, the applicants will get admission to the courses offered.
NATA 2022 Syllabus
- Mathematics: Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Theory of Calculus, Statistics and Probability.
- General Aptitude: Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing, Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations, Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment, Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Drawing Test: Understanding scale and proportion of objects, aesthetics, color texture, harmony and contrast, geometric composition, shape, building forms, and elements, Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape, Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects, Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.