JNSVT 2024 Apply Online | Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2024 | Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2024-25 Dates
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is an autonomous organization that runs a system of alternate schools called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). All the JNVs are co-educational and fully residential schools and affiliated with CBSE. These schools provide quality education to talented children from rural areas of the country so that they can compete without facing any disadvantages. Every year NVS releases Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2024 for admission to classes VI, IX, and class XI in various districts of the states. A large number of children from different states apply every year for admission to these schools. To get more info about Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2024, read the article given below.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2024 Details
||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test
||Application released for Class 9th Lateral Entry Test and Class 6th Admission Test
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Examination
||Offline (Pen Paper Mode)
Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2024: Important Dates
For Class 6th Registration 2024-25
|The application process starts on
|Last date for online Registration
|Admit Card release date
|JNVST Admission test
For Class 9th Registration 2024-25
|Admission test (Class 9th)
- Admission to class VI and IX are made through a selection test called JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test).
- For class XI, admissions are done through lateral entry based on merit in class X.
Important Links for Class 9th Admission Test
- What will be the last date to apply for Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2024-25 for Class 6th?- January 2024
- When will the application process start for Class 9th – Applications are released.
- What is the official Website of Navodaya Vidyalaya? – www.navodaya.gov.in
- What is the full form of JNVST? – Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test
- Is there a negative marking in the JNVST? – No
- Only candidates from the district where Navodaya is located are eligible for application.
- The students should have passed classes 3rd, 4th, and 5th in earlier years without a gap.
For Class VI
- The Age of the Candidate must befall between 9 and 13 years.
- As norms say there should not be a gap in consecutive years of study so no candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test a second time, under any circumstances.
- At least 75% of seats of the district will be filled by candidates from rural areas and the next 25% of seats by candidates of the urban area.
- A candidate claiming for the rural quota must have studied in classes 3rd, 4th, and 5th classes from a rural established school.
- Candidate studying under the schemes of the National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate/Tehsildar/BDO.
- Candidates have to produce a medical certificate from any government-aided hospital before admission in Navodaya.
- Navodaya focuses on overall developments so candidates have to produce an affidavit of agreement regarding policies like migration.
For Class IX
- Candidates must be of age between 13 to 16 years.
- Candidates must have studied class VIII from Govt./ Govt. aided recognized school.
For Class XI
- Candidates must be of age between 14 to 18 years.
- Must have qualified class X from a recognized board.
- Must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2024 Process
- Applicants can apply by filling out the application form via both online and offline modes.
- For the offline application, a candidate can obtain a hard copy of the application form from nearby Navodaya School or from the office of the District Education Officer/Block Education Officer, or from the nearby stationery shop.
- The candidate can also take a printout of the application form from the official website of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- For the Online application, the candidate must visit the official website navodaya.gov.in.
- The candidate must read the prospectus before applying as there are so many norms related to admission.
- The candidate must carefully submit a self-declaration certificate to be produced for uploading the application form regarding the category.
- Candidates must mention the date of birth in the figure as well as in numeric form. In case the authority finds any mismatch in the date of birth written on the application form and on documents, the candidature will be canceled.
- Candidate must affix the passport size photograph for offline application and for online must upload the scanned copy of the image.
- It is mandatory to put the signature of both, candidates and should on the application form/or upload the same by scanning the image.
- The candidate must write a permanent identification of the candidate in the application form.
- Candidates can submit their application form directly to the school or by post for offline application, for online application candidates may send the application online on the official website.
- The application is liable to rejection if columns are left blank or entries are left or the entries are incomplete.
- There is no application fee for the application in Navodaya Vidyalaya admission.
JNVST Result 2024: JNV Selection List District wise
JNVST 2024 Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam
||Objective type/ Descriptive
||Mental ability, Arithmetic, Language
||English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science
|The medium of the question paper
||Any language out of 21 languages
State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
Documents required During Admission
- Address/residence proof
- Age proof- Birth certificate for class VI & IX
- Mark sheet of class X is considered as age proof for Class XI
- Relevant certificate if a candidate applies for admission under Rural Category
- Certificate of caste and category issued by the competent authority (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Relevant certificate if a candidate applies under the transgender category
- Physically disable certificate
- Other documents (if applicable)