NBHM PhD Admission 2022: The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) invites applications for NBHM PhD Admission. Interested candidates have to appear for the Joint Screening Test for Admission and Scholarship for Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. Programs. NBHM grants scholarships to students for pursuing research for a Ph.D. Degree in Mathematics. Eligible and qualified candidates will get admitted to the Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai. For more information about NBHM PhD Admission 2022, check the given details.
NBHM PhD Admission 2022: Important Dates
Applications to appear for its Doctoral Scholarship Test
|Online application portal scheduled to open||3rd week of November 2021|
|First center-wise list of candidates for the test published||3rd week of December 2021|
|The application fee hike will kick in||last week of December 2021|
|Second center-wise list of candidates published||1st week of January 2022|
|Application portal closes||1st week of January 2022|
|Third and final center-wise list of candidates published||2nd week of January 2022|
|The test||3rd week of January 2022|
- The eligibility is restricted to students who have completed their B.S./M.A./M.Sc. (or equivalent) degree and have secured admission to a recognized Ph.D. program on or before 01st August 2022.
- Applications should be made on plain paper in the given format at the end of this advertisement.
- The filled-in application form of NBHM PhD Admission 2022 should be sent along with a recent passport-sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope to the official address.
- Applications for Zone 1 will be accepted online at nbhm.cdaapuchd.in.
- Hard copies of applications will not be accepted in Zone 1
- The application fee for applications completed on or before 25th December will be Rs.500
- For applications completed after 25th December, the fee will be Rs.650.
Step 1 (Registration)
- Register on the portal. This requires a valid email address.
Step 2 (Application)
- Login to the portal with your registered email address and password (created in Step 1).
- Fill out some details about yourself and also the choice of the zone.
- After confirming for correctness the entries you made, you will be lead through the fee payment process.
- Once the fee is paid, an application number will be generated.
- You will be able to download a receipt-cum-pre-admission-ticket.
- The receipt-cum-preadmission-ticket will also be sent to the registered email.
Step 3 (The Admission ticket)
- Make two photocopies of the receipt-cumpare-admission-ticket.
- Produce two original copies of the admission ticket as follows.
- Paste a recent, color photograph of yourself in each photocopy and complete the postal address for correspondence and enter your roll number and sign.
- To find your roll number, you have to wait until the center-wise lists of candidates are published.
- You can find your roll number by looking up the entry for your name.
- Carry both original copies of your admission ticket to the test center.
About NBHM PhD Admission 2022
- Successful candidates will receive a scholarship amount of Rs.31000/- per month for the first and second year (renewable at the end of each year, subject to satisfactory progress) and Rs.35000/- per month for subsequent years.
- A contingency grant of Rs.40000/- per year and house rent allowance will also be given as per Central Govt. Norms wherever applicable.
- The scholarship will be paid through the institution they join. Part-time research students cannot avail of the scholarship
- Successful students must enroll themselves in a recognized Ph.D. Degree Program to avail the scholarship.
- Candidates must appear for a written test.
- The test will have questions based on topics normally covered in Master Degree Programs in Mathematics.
- The test will be 150 minutes’ duration.
- There will be short answers to questions.
- Based on the performance in the written test, candidates will be shortlisted for an interview before the final selection
- Some earlier year question papers will be available on the NBHM website and on the IMSc website (www.imsc.res.in).
Check Here: Ph.D. Admission 2022
- The written test will be conducted at the following centers, divided into
|1||Chandigarh, Delhi, Srinagar|
|2||Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|3||Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar|
|4||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong|
|5||Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad|
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Check here official website: http://www.nbhm.dae.gov.in/