NEET PG Important Books and Preparation for PG Medical Entrance Examination
The section, NEET PG Important Books, and Preparation will help students to prepare well for the exam. Aspirant’s preparing for the medical PG entrance examination often gets them into wasting a lot of time while going through several books on every single subject. As different books carry a different way of explaining the same thing, so this leads to confusion. Some books may even carry some wrong information which can haunt you during your examination. When every single minute is very important for you, referring to too many books wastes a lot of time. Check the NEET PG Important Books and Preparation 2018 in the below article and get all the help you can to prepare for your exam.
Not just books candidates also need to focus on the best strategic approach towards the preparation of the examination. Read the info below and refer to the correct books to prepare for NEET PG, AIIMS PG, and other Medical PG exams.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for PG or Post-Graduation is the entrance exam for the courses according to the directives of the Supreme Court. On the basis of NEET PG score top colleges and universities of the country give admission in PG Medical courses. This entrance test has replaced the AIPGMEE and DNB CET, after the directive issued by Supreme Court order.
NEET PG Important Books
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Some of the highly recommended books are listed below subject wise. Candidates are advised to prepare according to these books.
|Pathology||Robbins or Sparsh Gupta|
|Microbiology||Rachana Chaurasiya or Anshul Jain or Ananthanarayan|
|SPM||Park or Vivek Jain or Aravind Arora|
|Pharmacology||Tripathy or Sparsh Gupta|
|Medicine||Harrison, Mudit Khanna or Amit Ashish|
|ENT||SakshiArora Or Shibbu George or Dhingra|
|OBG||Sakshi Arora or Sheila Balakrishnan|
|Surgery||Bailey, Ashish Gupta or Pulse Publications|
|Paediatrics||O. P Ghai or Aravind Arora|
|Ophthamology||Across or Parson|
Strategy and Focus Area
- The focus should be on the concepts and one should have a thorough knowledge of facts.
- Very few repeat questions have been asked in the examination, in the last couple of years.
- The traditional approach of reading ten-year papers might not work.
- Students should study and understand each and every concept with the help of a picture.
- Students should also expect image based questions which are, generally, basic in nature.
- You need a different strategy for each exam as every exam is different.
- Study according to the syllabus and exam pattern given in the below section.
NEET PG 2018 Exam Pattern
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG 2018 Syllabus
- The syllabus will contain various topics of subjects or knowledge areas.
- With prior approval of Government of India, the syllabus will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The syllabus will comprise of topics like Physiology, Ophthalmology, Anatomy & many others.
- To score well in the examination students should prepare as per the syllabus.
NEET PG 2018 Important Points
- Total 300 questions will be asked.
- The exam will have multiple choice questions.
- Multiple choice questions will be asked.
- The exam will be organized computer based test mode.
- The question paper will be asked in the English language.
- The exam duration will be 3 and a half hour.
- No negative marking will be done in this examination.