NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2022: The National Institute of Technology, Surathkal was founded in 1960. It is a public engineering university situated at Surathkal, Mangalore. Recognized as an institute of national importance by the Government of India, it is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India. The institute offers various UG, PG and Ph.D. level course in more than 10 disciplines. Around fourteen Ph.D. programs in Engineering, Science and Humanities and Management are offered by the institute. The selection of candidates to the said course is subject to a written exam and interview. For more details about NIT Karnataka PhD Admission, follow the article given below.
- Candidates must have a
- Masters in Engineering/ Technology with minimum 65% marks or 7.0 CGPA. or
- Humanities, Social Science & Management Master degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA. or
- Basic Science Master degree in Science with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- The minimum required CGPA is 6 out of 10 or at least 55% marks for SC/ST candidates in the aggregate in the last qualifying exam.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify GATE / NET (LS or JRF) before applying.
|Reservation of seats (In percentage)
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
|PwD (40% or more disability)
NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2022 Application Form
Candidates can download the application form and information bulletin of NIT Karnataka PhD Admission from the institute website. They have to send a duly filled-in copy of the application form with self-attested photocopies of relevant documents and demand draft to the designated addresses on or before the prescribed date. Enclose self-attested photocopies of all the requisite documents with the filled application form as mentioned in the next section.
Documents Required to send with the Application Form
- Original marks card of all Semesters/years of Engineering/Degree
- Date of Birth Certificate in Original (SSLC/X Std.)
- A course completion certificate from college
- Caste Certificate if belonging to SC/ST (original)
- GATE Score Card in original (For M. Tech)
- Sponsorship Certificate, if applicable
- Pass certificate for A.M.I.E. candidates (M Tech)
- Two Self-Addressed Envelopes with Stamp each
- Medical Certificate (general fitness)
- Relieving Certificate in the case of Sponsored Candidates
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- OBC Certificate (if applicable)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsorship Certificate (if sponsored)
- Migration Certificate
Candidates have to prepare a demand draft of Rs.500/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ST candidates). The DD should be drawn in favor of the Director, NITK, Surathkal, payable at Mangalore. attached this DD along with the application form to be sent.
Selection Process of NIT Karnataka PhD Admission
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of overall academic performance in the qualifying examinations + Written Aptitude Test + Personal Interview.
- Ph.D. applicants will be required to submit a presentation on a research topic as a mandatory requisite for admission.
Also, read about NIT Kurukshetra
Specialization offered through NIT Karnataka PhD Admission
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
|IC Engine & Combustion
|Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue
|Robotics and Control
|Machine Dynamics and Vibration
|Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Ph.D. in Humanities, Social Sciences & Management
|Human Resource Management
|Development of Economics
|English and Comparative Literature
Ph.D. in Information Technology
|Internet of Things
|Semantic Web Technology
|Social Network Analysis
|Wireless Sensor Networks
|Cloud Computing/ Security
|Big Data Analysis
|Natural Language Processing
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
|Process Modelling and Simulation
Ph.D. in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
|Welding Surface Engineering
|Thin films & coating
|Composites and Nano-composites
|Heat transfer studies
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Renewable Energy Technologies
|Electrical Machines and Machine Diagnosis
|Smart Grid Technologies
|Adaptive and Distributed Signal Processing
|Power Electronics and Drives
|High Voltage Engineering and Field Computations
Ph.D. in Mathematical and Computational Sciences
|Fixed Point Theory
|Wireless Sensor Networks
|Computer Network Security
|Computational Fluid Dynamics
Other Specialization (Ph.D. in)
- Civil Engineering: Structures, Geotechnical, Transportation, Construction Technology and Management Environment, Earth Sciences
- Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics: Water Resources Engineering & Management, Marine Structures & Coastal Engineering., RS & GIS Applications
- Electronics & Communications Engineering: Communication/VLSI/ Signal Processing
- Mining Engineering: Rock Mechanics & Ground Control Engineering, Drilling & Blasting, Mine Planning, Environmental Management
- Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (Experimental)
- Chemistry: Inorganic, Materials, Physical and Organic Chemistry
- 150 Institute’s fellowships are available at the Institute level which is flexible for department-wise allocation.
- Full-time sponsored candidates may receive complete financial support.
- Full-time research scholars are eligible for a fellowship as
- 25,000/- pm for the first two years
- 28,000/-pm for the remaining two years on satisfactory progress.
Visit the official website of NIT Karnataka