OSSTET 2022: The notification about OSSTET will be released by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSEO) on its official website. OSSTET stands for Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test. It is a state-level entrance test for candidates who want to become the teacher in Schools of Odisha. The application form will be available in the month of September. Candidates can check here the relevant information regarding the OSSTET 2022 exam. Apply within the stipulated time frame to avoid rejection of the application form.
OSSTET 2022: Important Dates
|Availability of the application form||2nd week of September 2021|
|Submission of application form ends on||Last week of September 2021|
|Payment of application fee ends on||September 2021|
|Payment of online application form ends on||September 2021|
|Release of Admit card||November 2021|
|Exam Date||January 2022|
- The applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
Ability to Read and Write Odia
- The candidate must be capable to write and read Odia language.
- 10th/12th exam passed from Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha with Odia as one of the subjects.
- He\she should have completed the HSC exam conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, or equivalent conducted by the Central/State Board like CBSE or ICSE with Odia as a language subject i.e. First/Second or Third language.
- For candidates willing to become language teachers, the 7th standard Odia examination passed candidates shall also be allowed.
- Category-I (Education Teachers): Bachelors degree with B.ED.
- Category-II (Physical Education Teacher (PET): 12th or its equivalent examination with C.P.Ed. / B.P.Ed. / M.P.Ed
OSSTET 2022 Application Form
Register online at the official website of the concerned authority and read all the information about eligibility and instructions for filling up an online application form. Go to the relevant link and click on the ‘New Registration’ tab. Candidates can also log in with the user ID and password and fill the application form (if you are already registered). Provide all the required details in the application form such as personal details, academic information, correspondence address, and contact information. All the information should be correct and true with regard to facts. The next step is to make payment of the application fee through net banking, debit/credit card to complete the application process. Take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Category-I (Education Teachers)
Paper-I (Section-I & II)
- Section I – Odia – 20 Questions of 20 marks
- Section II – English – 20 Questions of 20 marks
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|History & Pol Sc.||15||15|
|Geography & Economics||15||15|
|TGT (Science) PCM||–||–|
|TGT (Science) CBZ||–||–|
|Classical Teacher (Telugu)||60||60|
|Classical Teacher (Urdu)||60||60|
- TGT: Arts/Science (PCM/CBZ), Classical Teacher(Sanskrit), Hindi Teacher, Classical Teacher (Telugu), Classical Teacher (Urdu)
- Subject: Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation – 50 Questions of 50 marks
Category-II Physical Education Teacher –
Section I & II
- Same as Paper-I
- Subject: Contents of C.P Ed. Course – 60 Questions of 60 marks
- Section IV: Same as Paper-I
Selection Procedure of OSSTET 2022
- It is required to appear in the exam and should score minimum qualifying marks to pass the written exam.
- The competent authority will announce the result of OSSTET 2022 on its official website.
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of merit.
- The category-wise merit list will be different and the category of the candidate will also be considered for selection.
- Candidates must secure at least 60% marks in each question paper.
- However, reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PWD/SEBC) are eligible for 10% relaxation under the current reservation rule of the State hence they need to score 50% marks.
- The certificate of eligibility will be valid until the candidates fulfilling the upper age limit.
- This certificate is valid for only Odisha State.
- Keep the OSSTET certificate safely as it will be required in future teacher recruitment for submitting the application form.
- It is required to qualify the Odisha TET exam in order to fulfill their dreams of becoming a teacher at Primary/Junior High School Level.
Visit the official website of Board of Secondary Education, Odisha