ICMR JRF 2023: To provide admission to the Ph.D./Research Programme, the ICMR conducts an examination once a year at the 12 Centers. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi is one of the oldest medical research organizations in the world which has completed more than 100 years of its existence. The institute releases the admission notice in the leading English Newspapers of India. The award of JRF is made on a merit basis to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding placement in a medical college/ hospital/university / national laboratory/institution of higher learning and research as applicable. Get more details about ICMR JRF 2023 in the following article.
ICMR JRF 2023: Important Dates
|Registration starts from||4th week of Apr 2023|
|Online application ends on||1st week of May 2023|
|Depositing of fee through the payment gateway||4th week of May 2023|
|Date of Entrance Exam||4th week of Jul 2023|
- Postgraduate or equivalent degree in the subjects mentioned under the head method of selection.
- The above qualification should be passed with a minimum of 55% marks for General/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST, PH & VH candidates.
- Appearing / appeared candidate in the final year of M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent examination can also apply for the test as RA (Result Awaited).
- These candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally and shall be considered eligible only after they submit the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination with the requisite percentage.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format of the proof that he/she is appearing in the final year examination.
- Candidates must submit the mark sheet of the qualified degree to ICMR before the last date else the candidature will automatically be forfeited.
- The age limit of the candidate is 28 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for up to five years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, PH, and female candidates.
- 3 years of relaxation will be provided in the case of the OBC category.
ICMR JRF 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply online through the official website www.pgimer.edu.in or ICMR New Delhi website icmr.nic.in. The candidate should have a valid personal email ID else create his/her new email ID before applying Online. There will be no other means /mode of application (through the post, e-mail, fax, the deposit of CV, etc.) will be accepted. Check the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process for the intimations related to admissions etc. through this.
- The application fee for General and OBC applicants is Rs. 1000/-
- For SC, ST, and PD applicants, the application fee is Rs.800/-
- The exam will consist of one paper of 2 hours duration.
- The paper will consist of two Sections.
- The Aptitude Section (Section A) will have 50 questions.
- All these questions would be compulsory with each question carrying 1 mark.
- The subject Specific Section (Section B & C) and each area of sections B & C would have 100 questions.
- Only the first 75 attempted questions will be considered for evaluation.
- Section A will have questions on Scientific phenomenon in everyday life, General knowledge in sciences, Common statistics.
- Whereas, the next section will be on Life Sciences and Social Sciences.
The exam will be conducted at the following places: Delhi, Bhopal, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Varanasi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Bhubaneshwar, Srinagar (J&K)
Duration & Emoluments of ICMR JRF
- The qualified candidates who will be given the award of JRF will receive a fellowship from ICMR.
- The value of the fellowship is Rs. 31,000/- per month.
- The duration of the fellowship will initially be for two years carrying a monthly stipend of Rs. 31,000/- and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/– per annum.
- On completion of two years as JRF, the stipend of a fellow may be increased to Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for 3rd year on the basis of the assessment of candidate’s research progress/achievements.
- The fellow will continue as JRF with a stipend of Rs. 31,000/- per month for the 3rd year in the event of the Committee not recommending up-gradation or his/her fellowship may be terminated depending on the decision of the Committee.
- The duration as SRF may be for a maximum duration of 3 years or submission of a Ph.D. thesis whichever is earlier. Thus, the total tenure as JRF plus SRF shall not exceed 5 (five) years.
Syllabus of ICMR JRF 2023
- Life Sciences include microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary science (excluding Agriculture Extension/ Soil Science).
- Subjects covered under Social Sciences include psychology, sociology, anthropology, social work, home sciences, statistics, and Public health/Health economics (excluding others)
Official website https://www.icmr.nic.in