PJTSAU Ph.D Admission 2023: Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University provides education, research, and extension in agriculture and allied fields in the state of Telangana. The University provides Doctoral degree courses in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, and Home Science at its constituent Colleges at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. The online applications of PJTSAU Ph.D. Program Admission 2023 for admission into Doctoral Degree Programs for the Academic year 2023 will be released soon. For more information about PJTSAU Ph.D. Program Admission 2023, candidates can read the article given below.
|Entomology||Foods and Nutrition|
|Soil Science||Agricultural Extension|
|Plat Pathology||Agricultural Economics|
|Genetics & Plant Breeding||Soil and Water Engineering|
|Seed Science & Technology||Family Resource Management|
|Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||Human Development and Family Studies|
|Farm machinery & Power Engineering||Home Science Extension & Communication Mgmt.|
PJTSAU Ph.D. Program Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Issue of online application form||2nd week of July 2023|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of July 2023|
- Master of Science or an equivalent examination in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, and Home Science is required to apply.
- The above qualification should be passed with 50% marks in the aggregate under the traditional system of examination.
- The OGPA of 3.25 or 7.50 or above out of 4.00 or 10.00 point scale in grade point system respectively is required.
- A pass in the Degree of Master of Science in Agriculture or Agricultural Engineering or Home Science for SC and ST candidates.
- The OGPA of 3.00 or 7.00 or above out of 4.00 or 10.00 point scale in grade point system respectively is required for SC/ST candidates.
- The Basic Degree i.e., B.Sc.(Ag.) / B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) / B.Sc.(Home Science) / B.H.Sc. (Rural) of 4 years duration from PJTSAU / or an institution accredited by ICAR is essential.
- The applicants who appeared for ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2023 (ICAR entrance examination 2023) are only eligible for admission into Ph.D. Programmes.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is 40 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Reservation of Seats
- For candidates belonging to SC, ST, and Backward Classes, 15%, 6%, and 29% of the seats in each Faculty are reserved respectively.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically disabled candidates as per Govt. norms.
PJTSAU Ph.D Application Form
Visit the website www.pjtsau.edu.in and fill the OTR (onetime registration) application form by providing all the required details. Read and understand all the instructions and eligibility criteria for admission to proceed for the application form. An application number will be generated to complete the remaining steps of the application form. A computer-generated a hard copy of the online application should be downloaded and sent through Speed Post to the official address. Candidates should have submitted the M.Sc. level thesis on or before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications. The candidates must complete the thesis final viva voce examination successfully as on the date of registration in the case of selected candidates.
Documents to be sent with Application Form
- e-Admit Card/Application No. and ICAR –Entrance Marks / Rank
- Mark sheet of the qualifying (B.Sc. level) examination.
- Provisional/Degree certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Study certificates from Heads of recognized educational institutions from VI class onwards.
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Certificates of NCC / NSS / Sports / Games / Cultural / Literary activities at Inter National / Inter State / Inter University level, if applicable.
- Certificate towards physically disabled, if any
- Residential Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card/ Aadhaar Enrolment ID/ Passport/ Ration card/ Bank Passbook/ any other valid Govt. Identity proof
- Conduct a certificate for the head of the institute from the last attended.
- The fee for OC/BC applicants will be INR 1600.
- For SC/ST candidates, the fee will be INR 850.
- The application fee can be submitted through Debit Card /Credit Card (Visa / Master Card)/NET banking/ Wallet.
PJTSAU Ph.D Admission Process
- The selection shall be based on the previous academic record at the undergraduate/ post graduate level and performance test conducted by ICAR through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2023.
- The marks would be in the ratio of 10:30:60 (10% B.Sc. Marks, 30% M.Sc. Marks, and 60% Entrance Marks).
- Based on the overall merit rank the candidate is allowed to take admission to a specific degree/discipline at PJTSAU.
- There are no qualifying marks to the extent of seats reserved in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- In case of a tie, the candidate who secures more marks at M.Sc. level shall be preferred then the marks obtained at B.Sc. level shall be considered then the date of birth shall be considered and the older candidate shall be preferred.