PM Scholarship Scheme 2022: Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is a scholarship scheme for those who are dependent wards and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles and State Police Personnel. Many citizens apply for PM Scholarship. PM Scholarship that strives at promoting higher professional and technical studies for the needy, PMSS, run by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022 Important Dates
|Online Registration/Filling of Form Begins||July 2021|
|Last Date to submit an online application form||2nd week of December 2021|
|Last date for verification of defective applications||3rd week of December 2021|
|Last date for institute verification||4th week of December 2021|
|Verification of application by CAPFs & AR||1st week of January 2022 to 2nd week of January 2022|
|Preparation of merit list||2nd Week Of January 2022 To Last Week Of January 2022|
|Sanctioning of scholarship||Last Week Of January 2022 To 1st Week Of February 2022|
|Payment file generation||1st Week Of February 2022 To 2nd Week Of February 2022|
|Disbursement of scholarship amount||2nd Week Of February 2022 To Last Week Of February 2022|
|Dispatch of personal letters||2nd Week Of March 2022|
- Only those who fulfill the circumstances will be rewarded with the scholarship amount and benefits.
- Applicants must be a dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- Applicants must be pursuing professional courses. (Not applicable for lateral entry and integrated courses).
- The minimum qualification to apply for these courses should be class 12/ diploma/ graduation.
- As per the most recent decision made by the Govt of India, the scholarship scheme will also cover the wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during Naxal/terror attacks.
- Wards of Civilians counting Para-Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
PM Scholarship Scheme Application Process
- Follow the step-by-step how to apply for the PM scholarship 2022 application form.
- Visit the official site of NSP @ https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Press on to the “New Registration” link.
- Read the application guidelines carefully and press on continue to proceed.
- Fill in all required information and click on to “Register”.
- After getting registered the user id and password will be generated on your mobile number.
- Login with User Id and Password
- Log in to the portal using the application id and password received on your registered mobile no.
- An OTP will be generated on your registered mobile number for a successful login.
- Verify the OTP and change the password.
- Once logged in, fill in the scholarship application form.
- Upload the scanned copy of all supporting credentials.
- Finally, submit the PM scholarship application form
- Criteria that will be considered while shortlisting candidates for PM scholarship
- Authorities who are responsible for the final selection of students, those details are discussed.
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
For the end-to-end implementation and disbursement of the scheme, the Ministry of Home Affairs is completely responsible. But the preference is given to students in the following order:
- Category A: First preference is given to the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel who were killed in action.
- Category B: Second preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action.
- Category C: Third preference is given to the wards and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes attributable to Government service.
- Category D: Next preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled during their service with disability attributable to Government service.
- Category E: Preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards.
- Category F: Next preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only).
- Category G: Preference will be given to the wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to the availability of the scholarship.