How to Prepare Mathematics for GATE

The GATE examination is about to conduct and the interested applicants can get a chance of post-graduation in Science & Technology field. Mathematics is one of the most famous and scoring alternative subject for GATE (Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering). You need to put little more concentration on Mathematics to score well in GATE. There are few easy tips mentioned below to help the applicants to do well in the exam.

Examination Pattern

To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel

Out of total marks, 15% will be based on General Aptitude Section of the total marks of the subject and the rest 85% marks will be based on the subjects in detail. The question paper will be available in MCQ type pattern and Numeric type pattern (no options for answers given). The question paper will check the applicants’ knowledge of the subject in 4 areas- Comprehension, Application, Recall, Analysis & Synthesis.

Mathematics Syllabus of GATE

  • Complex Analysis
  • Ordinary Differential Equation
  • Functional Analysis
  • Partial Differential Equations
  • Topology
  • Linear Programming
  • Linear Algebra
  • Real Analysis
  • Algebra
  • Numerical Analysis
  • Mechanics
  • Probability & Statistics
  • Calculus of variation & Integral Equations

How to prepare Mathematics for GATE (Useful tips)

  • Go through the syllabus completely and make a list of topics you have to complete.
  • Prepare a weekly schedule of your study to keep a close watch on your progress.
  • Prepare a separate list of formulae and important point for reference.
  • Practice mock tests every day so you do not get detached with the study.
  • Revise the topics you have already done with on regular basis.
  • Refer those books specially designed for GATE preparations.
  • Once you complete a topic or chapter, practice minimum 15-20 questions related to that topics or chapter.
  • Practice your approximation and calculation skills every day.
  • Focus on improving the speed with accuracy.
  • Once you are done with the syllabus, move ahead to solve sample question papers/previous years’ question papers.
  • Note down your week areas based on mock tests, sample question papers and previous years’ question paper completed by you and concentrate on these areas to improve.
  • Go through the list of formulae and important points every day to keep in touch with those.
  • If you are doubtful about any question then skip that to avoid a penalty for wrong answers.
  • Prepare for General Aptitude Section referring any GATE book as it is high scoring.
  • Pay attention to small details, a single misplace sign can change the answer.
  • Take your time to read the answer carefully to avoid mistakes in answering the questions.

1 thought on “How to Prepare Mathematics for GATE”

Leave a Comment