RIMC Admission 2024: Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Service Institution and a Category “A’ establishment established in the Year 1922. The college is administered by the Director-General of Military Training, Army Headquarters, New Delhi. RIMC provides school education and training to young boys of the country for their all-around development with an aim to send these boys to NDA/NAVAC. Rashtriya Indian Military College conducts a national-level examination twice a year, once in the month of June and once in December for the selection of candidates in the college. More information about RIMC Admission 2024 can be found in the article given below.
RIMC Admission 2024 Important Dates
|Last date of application
|Date of examination (English & Maths)
|Date of examination (General Knowledge)
|Declaration of result
|Declaration of Date of Interview
- Only Male candidates are eligible for the Rashtriya Indian Military College.
- Candidate must be a student of class 7th or have passed from any of the recognized boards.
- The candidate appearing for the exam must not be less than 11.5 years of age and or should not be upper than 13 years.
RIMC Admission 2024 Application Form
- The application form along with the prospectus can be obtained from The Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun through speed post by sending a self-addressed slip along with a demand draft.
- Demand Draft should be drawn in the favor of “The Commandant, RASHTRIYA INDIAN MILITARY COLLEGE Dehradun”.
- The address should be written /typed clearly in the capital letter with the full address and pin code. RASHTRIYA INDIAN MILITARY COLLEGE will not be responsible for any postal delay or any inconvenience.
- Candidates have to submit 2 copies of the application form in the prescribed format along with 2 passport-size photographs.
- Candidate must send domicile certificate and Birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation/Gram Panchayat.
- Candidates of SC/ST category must send a category certificate duly attested by the principal of the school with an attested photo of the candidate.
- The process of Examination for admission carries three stages; after passing the written test candidates have to pass an interview test also and then a medical examination will take place.
Written Exam Pattern
- The written examination will consist of three subjects in two papers i.e. English, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- English paper will be of 125 marks.
- Question paper of Mathematics will be of 200 marks.
- Question paper of General Knowledge will be of 75 marks.
- Candidates have to achieve a minimum of 50% marks to qualify for the examination.
- After the qualifying written examination candidates will be asked for an interview.
- Candidates have to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in the Interview to qualify.
- The venue of the interview will be informed to them by the respective state.
- Candidates after qualifying for the written exam and Interview must go through the medical examination, only medically fit candidates will be allowed to take admission in RASHTRIYA INDIAN MILITARY COLLEGE.
- The Medical test will be held at Military Hospital.
- It is not possible to lay down precise standards for height, weight, and chest measurements for these candidates but the other medical standard should be of NDA standard.
- The minimum acceptable visual standard will be as under:
- Distant vision (uncorrected) – 6/6. Standard 1
- Distant vision (corrected)- better eye 6/18 correctable to 6/6, worse eye 6/18 correctable to 6/9.
- The minimum acceptable visual standard will be standard 2.
RIMC Admission 2024 Fee Structure
- The fee of Rashtriya Indian Military College is currently INR 42,400/- per year and is subject to change as per rule.
- At the time of admission, the candidate has to submit a security fee of Rs. 20,000/-, which is refundable.
- Various state governments also offer scholarships to meritorious students. The amount of scholarship is subject of change as per state.
Scholarships are provided by various states and union territories.
||Amount per cadet per year
||Amount per cadet per year
||Full- bill reimbursed
Documents Required During Admission
- Bank Draft
- Risk Certificate
- Agreement Form (Bond)
- School transfer certificate
- 5000/- cash for the opening personal account
- Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority
- Municipal Birth Certificate in original plus photocopy
- Medical fitness certificate regarding infectious disease
- Photocopy of parent’s annual income certificate, ITR & assessment order
- 8 passport-size photographs, one copy of the family Photographs, Postcard size Photograph of a Mother, Father, Brother, Sister