Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) Dehradun is an ‘A’ category inter-service public school established by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. RIMC Dehradun is spread over the 130 acres and has an enrollment of 250 cadets. RIMC has a 1:12 teacher-student ratio. Candidates for the school are selected from all over India through a national level Competitive examination, the RIMC examination that held twice a year in each state. Successful candidates in the entrance exam have to go through a medical fitness test to be admitted to the school. RIMC 2021 examination is also offering application form for the students of class 7th, who want to take admission in class 8th. In this article, we are providing all the details of the RIMC 2021 such as important dates, eligibility, exam pattern of examination, etc.
RIMC Dehradun 2021 Important Dates:
|Dates for January Term
|Dates for July Term
|Last date to apply
|Entrance Test (English and Maths)
|Entrance Test (General Knowledge)
RIMC Dehradun 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- Only Male candidates are eligible for the Rashtriya Indian Military College.
- Candidate must be the student of class 7th or have passed from any of recognized board.
- The candidate appearing for the exam must not be less than 11.5 years of age and or should not be upper than 13 years.
- Candidates must have not been born earlier than 2 July 2007 and not later than 1 January 2009.
RIMC Dehradun 2021 Application Form and Process:
- The application form along with prospectus can be obtained from The Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun through speed post by sending self-addressed slip along with demand draft.
- Demand Draft should be drawn in the favor of “The Commandant, RIMC Dehradun”.
- The address should be written /typed clearly in the capital letter with full address and pin code. RIMC Dehradun will not be responsible for any postal delay or any inconvenience.
- Candidates have to submit 2 copies of application form on prescribed format along with 2 passport size photographs.
- Candidate must send domicile certificate and Birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation/Gram Panchayat.
- Candidate of SC/ST category must send category certificate duly attested by the principal of the school with an attested photo of the candidate.
RIMC Dehradun 2021 Examination Process:
Stage 1: Written examination
- The written examination will consist of three subjects in two papers .i.e. English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- English paper will be of 125 marks.
- Question paper of Mathematics will be of 200 marks.
- Question paper of General Knowledge will be of 75 marks.
- Candidates have to achieve a minimum 50% marks to qualify the examination.
Stage 2: Interview
- After qualifying written examination candidates will be asked for the interview.
- Candidates have to obtain minimum 50% marks in Interview to qualify.
- Venue of the interview will be informed to them by respective state.
Stage 3: Medical Examination
- Candidates after qualifying written exam and Interview must go through the medical examination, only medically fit candidate will be allowed to take admission in RIMC.
- The Medical test will be held at Military Hospital.
RIMC Admission 2021 Fee Structure:
- The fee of RIMC Dehradun is currently INR 42,400/- per year and subject of change as per rule.
- At the time of admission, candidates have to submit a security fee of Rs. 20,000/-, which is refundable.
- Various state governments also offer the scholarship to the meritorious students.
- Amount of scholarship is subjects of change as per state.