SBI PO 2017 Recruitment, Application Form / Probationary Officer
SBI conducts examination to recruit the eligible candidates for the post of PO (Probationary Officer). It is an All India basis examination. The SBI PO 2017 examination will be completed in Two Stages- Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. SBI will release the notification soon for conducting the national level recruitment exam for the appointment of Probationary Officers. Candidates who qualify preliminary examination will be short-listed to appear in main examination and candidates who clear the main exam will be called for Group Discussion & Interview
SBI PO 2017 Notification
SBI PO Exam 2017 Application form will be available 7th February 2017. Interested candidate may apply till 6th March 2017.
- Qualification: The candidates applying for SBI PO 2017 must have graduate in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt.
- Age: The candidates’ age must have between 21 and 30 years as on 1st April 2017. The relaxation in upper age limit will be given to reserved categories as per the reservation norms of the Indian Govt.
- Number of Attempts for SBI PO Exam:
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|SC/SC (PwD) – ST/ST (PwD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO 2017 Important Dates
|Release of Online Application Form||7th February 2017|
|Last date of Online Application Form||6th March 2017|
|Last date for fee payment||6th March 2017|
|Release of E-Admit Card for Preliminary Exam||15th April 2017 Onwards|
|SBI PO Preliminary Exam||29th, 30th April and 6th, 7th May 2017|
|SBI PO Preliminary Exam Result||17th May 2017|
|Release of E-Admit Card for Main Exam||22nd May 2017 onwards|
|SBI PO Main Exam||4th June 2017|
|SBI PO Main Exam Result||19th June 2017|
|Release of E-Admit Card for Interview||26th June 2017|
|Date of Interview and Group Discussion||10th July 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result||5th August 2017|
SBI PO 2017 Application form
The application forms will be available most probably in the month of 1st week of May 2017. The candidates have to fill their applications online from the official website of SBI. The candidates have to enter all the required details and also upload all the required documents. To complete the application process the candidates have to pay the application fee.
SBI PO 2017 Application Fee
- Candidates can pay their Application Fees through online mode only.
- Application Fee can be paid using debit card/credit card/internet banking.
- The Fees once paid will not be refunded.
The Fees Structure of SBI PO has been explained below:
|SC/ST/PWD/XS||100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|General and OBC||600/- (Application Fee including intimation charges)|
SBI PO 2017 Selection Procedure
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) (100 Marks)
- Main Examination (Objective Type – 200 Marks) (Descriptive Type – 50 marks)
- Group Discussion & Interview (50 Marks)
Phase 1: Preliminary Examination:
- The Preliminary Exam would be Objective type for 100 marks & will be conducted online.
- Duration of exam would be 1 hour.
- Exam will have 3 sections such as : (1) English Language, (2) Quantitative Aptitude and (3) Reasoning Ability.
SBI PO Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
Phase 2: Main Exam:
- The Main Exam would be both Objective & Descriptive type for 250 marks & will be conducted online.
- Exam will have 4 sections such as: (1) Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, (2) Data Analysis and Interpretation, (3) General Economics & Banking Awareness (4) English Language.
- Duration of exam would be 3 hour.
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern
|Name of the Test||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
|The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of
English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive
Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
(Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination) Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth (1/4)of the marks will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Phase 3: Group Discussion & Interview
Group Discussion: 20 marks
Interview: 30 marks
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Candidates qualifying for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list.
The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
SBI PO 2017 Admit Card
- SBI will not send admit card by mail post thus candidates need to download their admit card form the official website.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall without a valid admit card.
- The candidates must bring one photo identity proof such as Passport/Adhar/PAN Card/Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/Identity Card issued by School or College/Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested photocopy thereof.
- The photocopy of identity proof should be submitted along with call letter to the invigilators in the examination hall, failing which or if identity of candidates is in doubt, the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test.
SBI PO 2017 Cut Off
- A minimum bench mark score will be decided by the SBI to short-list the deserving candidate.
- Candidates who score equal or above the cut off marks in main exam will be called for the Interview round.
SBI PO 2017 Result
- Who passed the prelims exam, will be selected for the main exam and who qualify the main exam will be called for interview round.
- After interview, final result will be released after that candidates will be appointed for the sts.
- The result will be declared on the official website of SBI.
SBI PO 2017 Exam Centre for Pre Exam
|State Code||State/UT||Preliminary Examination Center|
|11||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|13||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun|
|14||Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur|
|15||Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan|
|17||Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|19||Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|20||Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal, Rohtak, Sonipat, Yamunanagar|
|21||Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una|
|22||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar|
|23||Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|24||Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|25||Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|27||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain|
|28||Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai / Thane / Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara|
|34||Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|36||Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur|
|37||Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|39||Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thoothukodi, Vellore|
|40||Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|42||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bulandshahr, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Unnao, Varanasi|
|43||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee|
|44||West Bengal||Asansol, Berhampur (West Bengal), Bardhaman, Dumkal, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
SBI PO 2017 Exam Centre for Mains Exam
|State Code||State/UT||Main Examination Center|
|11||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam,|
|15||Bihar||Arrah, Hajipur, Patna|
|20||Haryana||Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Rohtak|
|21||Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Solan,|
|22||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|27||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore|
|28||Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai/ Thane / Navi Mumbai|
|33||Delhi -NCR||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon|
|36||Punjab||Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|39||Tamilnadu||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelvelli|
|42||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|44||West Bengal||Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata,|
For more details the candidates can visit the official website of SBI.