Scholarships for Girl Students in India for higher education is an initiative to promote girls’ education. Today, in India, Government, NGOs, private institutions, and other firms provide various scholarship opportunities for deserving girl students. Hence, the list of all the scholarships for girl students in India 2023 is described below along with the eligibility criteria, application procedure, reward money, and important dates for application.
Top Scholarships For Girl Students 2023
The top Scholarships offered to girls in India either by the government or private organizations are given below. All the girls who want to pursue their higher education can apply for these scholarships and acquire a degree for B.A., B.Tech, B.Sc., etc.
- INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
- Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme
- R D Sethna Loan Scholarship
- Gaurav Foundation Scholarship
- North-South Foundation (NSF) Scholarship
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship For Girls
- G.P. Birla Educational Scholarships
- Sahu Jain Trust Loan Scholarship
- Nirmaan Scholarship And Mentorship Program (NSMP)
- AICTE- Saksham Scholarship Scheme
- Shdf Scholarships
- CBSE Udaan
- Popular Front Of India Loan Scholarship
Scholarships For Girl Students After XII Standard
The names of different scholarships for girls who have cleared class XII along with the reward amount and last date to apply have been tabulated below. So you can easily apply for the scholarship hassle-free before the last date by taking guidance from this table:
|Name of the Scholarship||Reward|
|Pragati Girls Scholarship||Cover fees for both diploma and degree course|
|Fair and Lovely Scholarship||Rs 25000|
|Muslim Nadar Girls Kerala Scheme||Rs 1250 per annum|
|Hazarat Mahal Scholarship For Girls||Rs 12000/-|
|Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Girls||Various rewards|
|CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship||Rs 500|
|Gaon Ki Beti Scholarship For MP Girls||Rs 5000 per year|
|Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls||INR 25000 cash prize|
|Tata Scholarship For Girls||Rs 1 Lac|
|SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme||Rs 5000|
|Pratibha Kiran MP Scholarship||Rs 750 Every Month|
|Sashakt Scholarship 2023-23||Cover the complete expense of a 3-year degree course|
Scholarships for Girl Students in India 2023
Even in the 21st century, India is somewhere lacking behind in providing education to girls. Still, in some societies, the girl child is viewed as a burden to the families, and their education is not given primary concern as compared to boys’ education. The majority of cases where a girl is kept away from school are due to the financial inability of a family. Hence, to eliminate such a big hurdle and promote girls’ education, the Indian government has released various scholarship schemes. As a result of these scholarship programs, the families don’t feel the burden of getting their girl child proper education and it works in promoting equal study rights between girls and boys.
Besides pre-matric or post-matric education, scholarships for Girls 2023 also open opportunities for higher education and professional courses as well. Girls can apply for scholarships in various fields like research, engineering, law, medical, management, aviation, defense, etc. Both the government as well as private institutions offer wonderful opportunities for girls’ education.
Detailed Scholarship For Girls 2023
Major scholarships launched in 2023 for promoting girl education at various levels are described below. Also, the eligibility criteria, application date, and all such relevant information has been compiled under this head. Moreover, you will also find the direct link from where you can apply for the respective scholarship.
1. AICTE Pragati Girls Scholarship 2023
Pragati Scholarship Scheme for girl students(Technical Degree) 2023 is the government’s initiative to provide financial support to meritorious girls to study technical courses and pursue a career in the technical field. It was started by the Government of India in 2014-15. This scholarship is working towards making the girls independent and empowered enough to fulfill their dreams. Hence, if you are also a girl who is seeking opportunities to study a technical course, go through the eligibility criteria and then apply for AICTE Pragati Girls Scholarship 2023 from the link given below.
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be enrolled in I year of a degree program from AICTE approved college/institute.
- Also, the candidate pursuing the second year of degree level course via lateral entry is eligible.
- However, the admission to the institute must have been taken through State/Central government counseling.
- Besides this, even two girls from the same family can also apply.
Rewards: There will be a reward of Rs 50,00o issued every year for the student till the four-year degree course. Thus, the reward money is sufficient enough to pay for computer purchases, college fees, books, stationery, etc.
Application Date: Every year, this scholarship opens from October to November. Since it was announced on 24th August 2023, so the last date for its application is 31st October 2023. Whereas the last date to detect defects is 15th November 2023.
Terms and Conditions: There are a few terms and conditions set for the awardees of this scholarship. Hence, every applicant must abide by them which are as follows:
- This scholarship is available on the NSP portal for application.
- Also, the awardee must not be receiving any scholarship/salary/emoluments/stipend, etc. from any other source.
- Once the application process completes, all the applications are thoroughly checked and then processed.
- Lastly, the reserved category students will receive the scholarship as per this rule: 15% reservation for SC, 7.5 % reservation for ST, and 27% reservation for OBC candidates.
2. Fair & Lovely Scholarship For Girls
The well-renowned Fair & Lovely Foundation has also launched a scholarship program for girls. It offers an opportunity for girls to pursue UG or PG courses from recognized universities or colleges in India. So, an amount of Rs 25 to 30 thousand is released as a reward for this scholarship. Thus, the Indian girls can apply for this scholarship only if they meet the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- It is applicable for students between 17 to 30 years of age.
- Also, the applicant must have scored at least 60% marks in Class XII.
- Lastly, the family income must not exceed 5 lakh per annum.
- The applicant must apply between September to October.
3. Begum Hazrat Mahal National Girl Scholarship 2023
This scholarship has been designed especially for the minority girls studying in IX to XII standards. People also know this scholarship by the name of Maulana Azad scholarship. Besides this, the students preferred for this scholarship come from Sikh, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, and Parsi communities. As a reward, the shortlisted students for this scholarship get 12 thousand rupees in two equal installments.
- Besides being a girl, the candidate must belong to a minority community.
- Also, the candidate must have scored 50% marks in the last exam from a recognized school.
- Lastly, the family income of the applicant must not be more than 2 lakhs.
- The application releases mostly between August to October.
4. DRF Sashakt Scholarships For Girl Students 2023
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation has launched this DRF Sashakt Scholarship For Girls Students for those girls who are interested in a Science-related career. It encourages girls’ education by providing expenses for the three years of B.Sc. degree. Also, the preference is given to those girls who belong to lower or rural backgrounds. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 15-Aug, 2023. Hence, apply for it as soon as possible if you meet the following eligibility criteria as given below:
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- A good score in the previous school exam is also required.
- Besides this, the 10th and 12th mark sheets and Income certificates will be required.
- The candidate must be interested in pursuing a B.Sc program
- Lastly, the family income must be less than 5 lac per annum.
Reward: An amount of Rs 240, 000 or 80K per year for 3 years, until the degree course will be completed will be issued in the name of the awardee.
Scholarships for Girl Students After 10th
As the name suggests, these scholarships encourage the girl students to continue their studies even after class 10th. Hence, it is popularly addressed as pre-matric scholarship. Also, these scholarships are provided either as merit-based or exam-based scholarships. Thus, all these are tabulated below along with their reward and application date as:
|Scholarship Name||Reward||Application Last Date|
|National Scholarship Exam||Rs 10000 to 30000 cash prize||30-Sep-2023|
|Vidyadhan Scholarship||Multiple rewards||Throughout the year|
|CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child||Rs 2000/-||Aug to Nov|
|Ncert Scholarship||Multiple rewards||Jan to Mar|
|Savitribai Phule Scholarship||Rs 1000 for 10 months||Dec 2023|
|Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship||Multiple rewards||Mar to Jul|
|Indian Oil Academic Scholarship||Multiple rewards||Jan to march|
|All India Meritorious Scholarship||Multiple rewards||Nov to Dec|
|Nishkam Scholarship Program||Multiple rewards||Dec to Jan|
|Saraswati Academy Scholarship||Fee reimbursement||Nov 2023|
|Jio Scholarship||Rs 35000||Aug to Sep|
Scholarships for Women Graduate Students
After graduation, many girls leave their dreams due to their family’s financial conditions or get married to lessen their family’s responsibilities. However, many private institutions, companies, organizations, etc. works to provide scholarships to graduate women who want to pursue a professional course. Any girl who has qualified for the XII standard is eligible to apply for this scholarship. This not only enables women to become independent but also helps them to shape a better future in society through their skills. There are two scholarships under this category:
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
- FAEA Scholarship
Scholarship for Postgraduate Girl Students in India
Similarly, there are scholarships for girls in their PG level also. These scholarships are usually provided by NGOs, Universities, and Colleges. Thus, women at their post-graduation level can get can aid from these three scholarships for further studies:
- Foundation For Excellence Scholarship
- Jm Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child
Scholarship for Minority Girl Students
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Minorities
- Begum Hazrat Mahal For Minorities Girls
- NHFDC Trust Fund Scholarship For Differently-Abled Students
- Scholarships To The Disabled Students, Gujarat
- Ryan Merit Cum Means Scholarship