SSC JE 2021 Application Form has been released: Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC JE examination every year, for the recruitment of Junior Engineer for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical trade. Candidates who are interested in SSC Junior Engineer Examination can fill the application form. The exam is divided into two stages namely Part-1 & Part-2. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be eligible for appearing in Paper-2. Shortlisting will be done according to the performance of the candidates in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
SSC JE 2021 Updates- Dates Released
SSC Junior Engineer 2020-21 Application process has been started, The online application process is going to start on 1st October 2020. Check Here Online application form.
SSC JE 2021 Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC JE 2021 (Junior Engineer)|
|CONDUCTED BY||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|MODE OF EXAM||Tier I: Computer-based test, Tier II: Descriptive Test|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||200 (in Tier 1)|
|SECTION||4 (In Tier 1)|
|TOTAL MARKS||200 (Tier-1), 300 (Tier-2)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple Choice Question (Tier -1), Conventional Type (Tier -2)|
|EXAM DURATION||2 Hours (for tier-1), 2 Hours for tier-2|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Diploma in the discipline as per the post|
|EXAM DATE||22 March 2021 to 25 March|
SSC JE 2021 Important Dates- Announced
|Releasing of official notification||01 October 2020|
|Online Application Form will available from||01 October 2020|
|Last for the submission of the Application Form||30 October 2020|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||01 November 2020|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||03 November 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||05 November 2020|
|Admit Card for Paper 1||November 2021|
|Exam Date Paper 1||22 March to 25 March 2021|
|Result announcement of Paper 1 Exam||To be notified later|
|Admit Card for Paper 2||To be notified later|
|Paper 2(Conventional) will be held on||To be notified later|
|Announcement of Final Result||To be notified later|
|Nationality||A candidate must be either:(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
The application fee of Rs. 100/- has to be paid either online or offline mode (application fee for women, ex-servicemen, and other reserved categories are exempted).
SSC JE 2020-21 Important Links
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|SSC JE Online Application||Apply Here|
SSC JE 2021 Application Form
SSC JE 2021 Application form can be filled online through the official website www.ssconline.nic.in or www.ssconline2.gov.in. They have to fill all the required details in the application form and upload the scanned images of their photograph & signature.
The scanned photograph must be of 8 bit and in jpg format. The size of the photograph should be between 4 kb to 12 kb and the resolution should be 100/120 pixels. The scanned signature image should be of 8 bit and in jpg format. The size of the signature should be between 1 kb to 12 kb and the resolution should be 140/60 pixels.
To complete the application process the candidates have to pay the application fee. There will be 2 parts in the application process. The candidates who have filled part 1 and paid the application fee will be able to proceed with part 2. The candidates can pay the fee either online or offline (through e-challan).
- The written examination is divided into two i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2
- Paper-1: Objective type of 200 marks includes questions related to General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical).
- Paper-2: Conventional type of 300 marks which is divided into 3 parts i.e. Part A, Part B, Part C. Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical). Candidates can choose from any of them as per the posts they have applied for.
- There will be negative marking; 0.25marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in Paper-1.
|Paper-I (MCQ 200 marks)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical). Negative Marking will be allowed.|
|Paper-II (MCQ 300 marks)|
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) ORPart- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical).
Candidates can choose from any of them as per the posts they have applied for.
SSC JE Selection Procedure
Stage 1: Computer Based Test
- Computer Based Test (CBT) will be organized for Paper-I.
- The Paper-I of SSC JE will be of Objective type.
- The paper first will carry 200 marks in total containing General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness,
- Applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper-I will be called for Paper-II.
Stage 2: Written Examination
- The Paper-II will be the conventional type
- The paper second will carry a total of 300 marks.
- On the basis of the marks obtained by the aspirants in both Paper-I and Paper-II, the Final assortment of applicants will be confirmed.
- Provision to the departments will be completed on the basis of merit.
- The preferences of the posts entered by the candidates will also be given due prominence.
- JE (Junior Engineer) Civil & electrical in Central Public Works Department (CPWD) & department of posts
- JE (civil) & JE (electrical & mechanical) in Border Roads Organization (BRO) , the ministry of defense
- JE (electrical & mechanical) & JE (quality surveying & contract) in military engineering services (MES)
- JE (civil & mechanical) in Central Water Commission (CWC) and Farakka Barrage.
No. of aspirants of SSC JE who had appeared in the previous years-
|Year||No of candidates appeared|
|2012||Registered – 186938
Appeared – 102145
SSC JE 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for the examination will be available from 10-15 days before the examination at the official website of the commission. To download the admit cards, the applicants have to enter their Registration ID/Roll No./DOB. They can take the printout of their to admit card to write the examination.
SSC JE 2021 Cut off Marks
The SSC is going to organize the junior engineer examination. here you can find the expected cut off marks and also can check the previous year cut off. The applicants who will appear in SSC JE Exam 2021 can now check the answer key and cut-offs of the examination.
Important Tips to Prepare for SSC JE
- Go through the complete exam syllabus.
- Analysis of important chapters and topics and write down impotent points and topics.
- Keep clearing all your doubts with your friends or teachers on time.
- Before you start your preparation for the SSC Junior Engineer exam, get the appropriate study materials.
- You can get books as per the latest syllabus, online study notes, and other study materials.
- Try to come up with methods to solve questions faster so you wouldn’t be wasting a lot of time during the exam.
- Daily update yourself with the latest current affairs and general knowledge. This will help you in the exam.
- Do practice with online test series that is easily available on any coaching website.
- You need to score a minimum score to secure the cut-off marks.
- Take the last 5 years question paper and note the important questions, repeated questions, and pattern.
- Memorize all the important formulas and short tricks for the questions.