TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023: Department of Distance Education, Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) offers the B.Ed program for the year 2023. The admission will be strictly based on the merit list. TNOU conducts B.ED Programme every year for the candidates who want to pursue their career in teaching. Candidates having bachelor’s degree are eligible for the same. candidates are advised to read the official notification before proceeding for the application. The candidates who are interested must apply before the last date .candidate can get all the information regarding TNOU B.ED 2023 admission in the given article.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Staring of Application form
|3rd week of September
|Last date of Application form
|3rd week of October
|Announcement of result
|Will be updated soon
- The candidates who have passed the UG degree examination with the 10+2+3 system are eligible for the application.
- The candidate who is in the final year of the UG degree program is also eligible for admission.
- Candidates having a PG degree under the 10+2+5 pattern shall also be considered eligible for the admission but the marks obtained by the candidate in the first three years only taken into account for the admission.
- Students who have completed the teacher education program approved by the NCTE through face to face mode are also eligible for the application.
- Candidates, who have secured 50% marks in PG degree and also have completed the UG degree in the same major subject as PG but not satisfying eligibility criteria, are eligible for the application.
- Only candidates of the Tamil Nadu state are eligible for the application.
Minimum marks eligibility for the Students in UG degree:
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Application Form
- The Prospectus cum application form can be obtained from the official website tnou.ac.in.
- Photocopy/Unauthorised printed copy is not applicable to the application.
- Fill all the details at space given for a purpose, as per your 10th class certificate like Name, Father Name, DOB, Address etcetera.
- After filling the application form, send it along with the demand draft of the INR 500 drawn in the favor of “Tamil Nadu Open University” payable at Chennai to “Member Secretary, School of Special Education, and Tamil Nadu Open University.
- Candidates can obtain the application form through the post by sending the demand draft of INR 550 in the favor of “Tamil Nadu Open University” payable at Chennai.
Reservation Criteria for B.Ed Course
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Admission Process
- The selection of the candidate in respective study centers will be made on the basis of marks in UG degree and Decision made during counseling proceedings.
- The B.Ed. Program is offered through 10 learners support centers approved by the Tamil Nadu Open University and recognized by the national council for teacher education.
- The B.Ed program is for 2 years. However, the candidate is permitted to complete within the maximum period of 5 years.
- The medium of instruction is Tamil and English.
- The Programme fee is Rs. 50,000 for the entire program of two years; the total fee is to be paid at the time of admission in the form of Demand Draft.
- The total intake strength for the admission to B.Ed Programme is 500. A maximum of 50 candidates is allowed at a study center.
TNOU B.Ed 2023 Counselling Process
- Candidates would be invited to attend the counseling process based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- It is a must to attend counseling for the allotment of seats.
- Applicants must carry original documents on the day of Counselling; a list of the required document is given below:
- Photocopy of Bachelor degree with Original
- Copy of result of TNOU merit list
- 10th class mark sheet
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class mark sheet
- 12th class certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Any other reservation certificate if applicable