DMET stands for the Directorate of Medical Education and Training. DMET constitutes various medical courses of Diploma, UG and PG level. Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET) Odisha was established in 1975. The aim of the organization is to improve education in the field of Medical Science and impart training to medical personnel in the state. DMET 2020 offers admission for the Diploma in Pharmacy in the various Government and Private medical colleges in the state of Odisha. Admission in Diploma in Pharmacy shall be made on the basis of the merit judged according to aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination.
DMET 2020 Important Dates:
|Filling of Online Application||2nd to 4th week of July 2020|
|Verification of Documents||1st week of August 2020|
|Publication of Merit List||2nd week of August 2020|
|Online Choice Locking||2nd week of August 2020|
|Download of Allotment cum Admission letter||3rd week of August 2020|
|Reporting in College||4th week of August 2020|
|Date of Commencement of Classes||1st October 2020|
DMET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 with science streams from any of recognized school.
- Applicant must be 17 years of age on 31st December 2020.
- Candidate must be a native/permanent citizen of Odisha.
- OR Son, Daughter and Spouses of Employee of Govt. of India.
- Defence personnel posted in Odisha or Central gov. employee.
- Member of All India Services posted within or outside of Odisha.
DMET 2020 Application Process:
- The Prospectus for the D. Pharma can be downloaded from the official website, www.dmetodisha.gov.in.
- The Candidates have to register and submit the application online.
- After the registration, the candidate has attended document verification and have to submit the original document along with counselling fee.
- In case of emergency, the candidates can send the documents for verification through an authorised person along with an authorisation letter.
- The counselling fee will be Rs.600/-.
- The fee can be paid through demand draft.
- The counselling fee is not refundable.
Documents to be submitted during Verification:
The following original documents with the self-attested copies should be produced before the convener for verification.
- Pass Certificate of H.S.C. or equivalent examination with M.I.L. and date of birth of candidate recorded therein. Other certificates of age such as the certificate from Headmaster/Principal of the School/birth certificate from municipality/hospital etc. is not acceptable.
- Pass certificate of qualifying examination showing studied subjects.
- Mark-list of qualifying subjects.
- Conduct certificate from the principal of the college last studied/gazetted officer.
- Caste/Tribe certificate from the Revenue Officer of Odisha not below the rank of Tahsildar of the area to which candidate belongs to.
- Physically handicapped certificate issued by the Social Welfare/Panchayat Raj Department, Government of Odisha in case of candidate claiming seat reserved for Physically challenged candidates.
- Green card in the prescribed form from the Chief District Medical Officer of the concerned district in case of candidate claiming seat reserved for the Green Card holders.
- Certificate in the prescribed form from the station Commander/Officer Commanding /Rajya Sainik Board in case of candidate claiming seats reserved for the children of ex-serviceman/Defence personnel.
- The bank draft of Rs. 600 in Original.
- Residential/Nativity Certificate from the Tahsildar, issued within one year.
DMET 2020 Counselling Procedure
- All the candidates who wish to participate in counselling procedure for the admission to D.Pharma course must register within the due time within through the DMET website.
- After login to the site, the candidate has to fill up the online application form and submit. A printout of the online application form must be taken.
- The candidate has to attend the document verification session personally and get his/her online application authenticated. The candidate has to submit the counselling fees, self-attested copies of documents along with originals.
- Then the candidate has to submit his/her choice of college in order of preferences in the online site and lock the choice.
- The college will be allotted on merit basis. The candidate can download the allotment cum admission letter and appear before the convener.
- The candidate must report before the authority of the institution allotted within the stipulated date as notified.
- If the candidate wants to resign after admission, then he/she can do by the scheduled date. In such case his/her total admission fees will be refunded. If the candidate resigns after counselling is over, no fees will be refunded.