TNSET 2024: Mother Teresa Women’s University conducts TNSET. The university is a state Nodal Agency of the UGC under the Government of Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test checks the eligibility of the Assistant professor in Tamil Nadu universities and colleges. The exam is conducted in 26 subjects. To be eligible for Assistant Professor, candidates must appear in the written exam. Candidates should read the eligibility details carefully before they fill the application form. For more information about TNSET 2024, candidates can read the article given below.
TNSET 2024: Important Dates
|TNSET 2024 notification||Coming Soon|
|Starting of Online Application Form||Coming Soon|
|Last date of the Application Form||Coming Soon|
|Admit Card date||Coming Soon|
|Date of Examination||Coming Soon|
|Answer Key releases on||Coming Soon|
|Declaration of Result||Coming Soon|
Check Also: UGC NET Application Form
- There is no upper age limit to apply.
- A Master Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi at least 55% of marks for General/ OBC (belonging to Creamy Layer) Category (50% for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) is required to apply.
- The qualifying exam should be passed with subjects, like Computer Science & 5 Applications, Sciences, Humanities (including languages), Electronic Sciences, Social Sciences, Library and Information Science.
- Appearing candidates of the final year of their master’s degree can also apply.
TNSET 2024 Application Form
TNSET Application Form will be started from the month of April 2024. Candidates can fill out the application form online mode. Mention the category in the application form along with all the other required details. Upload the passport-size scanned photograph, signature, and other required certificates in the prescribed format. Keep the printout of the filled application form for future use.
|General/ OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC (NCL)||Rs. 1250/-|
- Candidates can pay the application fee through credit/debit card or net-banking.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The exam of TNSET 2024 will be through offline mode.
- The exam will be divided into three papers.
- The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions.
- The language of the paper will be English or Tamil language for some subjects.
- 2 marks will be for each correct answer.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions|
The exam of TNSET 2024 will be conducted at the following places: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Salem, Tirunelveli, Villupuram, Karaikudi, Vellore, Erode, and Thanjavur
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor (who appear in both Papers I & II).
- Candidates of the General/OBC (Creamy Layer) Category must secure at least 40% aggregate marks.
- Other reserved category candidates must secure at least 35% aggregate marks.
Candidates must secure the cut-off marks to participate in the counselling rounds. The candidates who qualify the written test will have to attend a PI. The authority will shortlist the candidates for the interview round after a few days of the written test result. Those who will qualify for the PI round will be considered for the Assistant professor.
TNSET 2024: Important Points
- The exam will be conducted in the first week of March 2024.
- The University will conduct the exam for 26 different subjects.
- There will be no age limit for TNSET 2024.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The application form will be available through online mode only.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode.
- The fee will be non-refundable in any circumstance.
- The authority will also release the cut-off for TNSET 2024.