TS SET 2023: Telangana State Eligibility Test (TS-SET) is a state-level examination conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad. This is for the recruitment of Lecturers/ Assistant Professor in Degree College and Universities as per the rule and regulation of the University Grant Commission. The Eligibility for an assistant professor will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers in aggregate. candidate must check their eligibility criteria before applying and fill the application form before the last date.
TSSET 2023 Updates
TS SET Application process will be started from the 1st week of March 2023 (Tentatively). After the release of the official notification, candidates can apply online.
TS SET 2023 Important Dates
|The release of notification/availability of the brochure
||1st week of March 2023
|Starting of Application form filling
||the 2nd week of March 2023
|Last date of Application form submission
||2nd week of April 2023
|Availability of Hall ticket
||3rd week of June 2023
|Date of Examination
||2nd week of July 2023
- The candidate must have secured at least 55% marks without rounding off in a master’s degree or equivalent examination from a recognized university.
- The minimum criteria of percentage for the reserved category such as SC/ST are 50 %.
- Candidates belonging to the third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age, and qualifying criteria for SET as are available for to SC/ST/PWD category.
- Ph.D. degree holders who have completed their Post Graduation before September 1992 shall be eligible for the relaxation of 5% in the minimum mark limit. They should have at least 50% in place of 55% marks.
- Candidates can apply as many times as they want. No limit to the number of attempts.
- Applicants are advised to appear in the subjects of their Post-graduation only.
- Candidates who will qualify for TS SET will be eligible for the recruitment as a Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Telangana state only.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates having post-graduation diploma/certificate awarded by the Indian University/ Institute of foreign degree /diploma /certificate awarded by the foreign university/with a master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, are eligible.
TS SET 2023 Application Form
- The official website is www.telanganaset.org. The candidate has to log in to the website for the application.
- Candidate must submit all the general details in the asked format like name, father’s name, date of birth, educational qualification, age, etc.
- TS SET subject and Exam Centre once submitted cannot be changed.
- On successful registration, University will send an email to your registered email id. The email will contain your application number and password.
- Candidate must upload scanned photograph, signature, and caste/disability certificate if applicable in jpg/jpeg format only.
- The size of the photograph should be between 15 kb to 50 kb, the Signature should be between 5 kb to 20 kb and certificates should be between 50kb to 200kb.
- There is no requirement of sending a hard copy of certificates or printout of the confirmation page to the university.
- The candidate must pay the fee before the last date of application.
- The mode of payment is online only. Candidates can pay the fee by debit card/credit card/net banking.
- No other mode of application will be entertained.
- The question paper will carry objective-type questions/ multiple-choice questions.
- Paper 1- This paper will be a general paper on teaching and research aptitude.
- This paper will contain 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Paper 2- This paper will be of the subject selected by the candidate.
- The paper will carry 100 multiple choice questions and the candidate has to attend all.
||Names of the Subjects
||No. of Questions
||Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, Divergent Thinking, and General Awareness
Subjects for Paper II
||Library and Information Science
||Journalism & Mass Communication
||Computer Science & Applications
TS SET 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates can download admit cards by using their application number and date of birth.
- Admit Card for TS SET 2023 will be available on the official website of Osmania University on the prescribed date.
- Admit cards will not be sent to any candidate by postal or any other mode.
- It is a must to carry the admit card on the day of the Examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without a valid admit card.