TS SET 2024: Telangana State Eligibility Test (TSSET) is organized by the Osmania University (OU) to select the candidates for the post of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges/Universities. As per the University Grants Commission Regulations aspirants can apply in this test by filling the Application Form through online mode by visiting on the official website. Aspirants who qualify the TS SET 2024 will be governed by the rules and regulations for the recruitment of Assistant professor of the concerned University/ college. To know more about the TS SET 2024 exam the aspirants can go through the below article viz; Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc.
TS SET 2024: Important Dates
|Online Application Form will announce
|2nd week of March 2024
|The end date for the online application form
|2nd week of April 2024
|Pay the Application Fee
|2nd week of March 2024
|Start pay fee with late fee of Rs.1500/- + registration fee
|4th week of April 2024
|Pay the application fee with late fee of Rs.2000/- + registration fee
|1st week of May 2024
|Pay the application fee with late fee of Rs.3000/- + registration fee
|3rd week of May 2024
|Admit Card will issue
|7 days before the exam
- Those aspirants who have finished or pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects with at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from universities/institutions.
- Those students who belong to the BC/SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PH/VH) category have obtained 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent exam, to apply in this exam.
- To get an award of Lectureship candidates to have 55% marks in the Master’s Degree exam.
- D. holder students get a relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the SET Exam.
- After successfully qualifying the written exam now candidates can get the post of Asst. Professors /Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Telangana.
How to Apply Online for TS SET 2024
- To apply for the TS SET, the candidate must log in to the official website of University, telanganaset.org.
- Candidate must fill essential information like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Email Id, Contact number.
- TS SET subject and Exam Centre once submitted cannot be changed.
- On successful registration, University will send an email to your registered email id. the e-mail will contain your application number and password.
- Candidate must upload scanned photograph, signature, and caste/disability certificate if applicable in jpg/jpeg format only.
- The size of the photograph should be between 15 kb to 50 kb, Signature should be between 5 kb to 20 kb and certificates should be between 50kb to 200kb.
- There is no requirement of sending hard copy of certificates or printout of the confirmation page to university.
- The question paper will carry objective type questions/ multiple-choice questions.
- First question Paper will be a general paper on teaching and research aptitude & it contains 50 multiple-choice questions.
- The second paper will be of the subject selected by the candidate & it will carry 100 multiple-choice questions and the candidate has to attend all.
|Names of the Subjects
|No. of Questions
|Divergent Thinking, and General Awareness, Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Comprehension,
|1 Hour (10.00 am to 11.00 am)
|2 Hours (11.15 am to 1.15 pm)
Subjects for Paper II
|Library and Information Science
|Journalism & Mass Communication
|Computer Science & Applications
The exam is conducted at the following places: Ranga Reddy, Karimnagar, Mahabubnagar, Hyderabad, Warangal, Khammam, Medak, Nalgonda, Adilabad, Nizamabad
Syllabus of TS SET 2024
- Demography / Development Planning/ Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco/Business Economics
- Management (including Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
- Labour Welfare Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management /Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/