UGC NET June 2021: NET (National Eligibility Test) is organized by the newly formulated body, National Testing Agency (NTA) to determine the eligibility of the different candidates for the JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) program and the assistant professor. The exam is conducted twice a year for the December and June session. National Eligibility Test selects the JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant Professor. The authority conducts the exam at the various Examination Centers across the country. More information about UGC NET June 2021 can be read in the article below.
UGC NET June 2021: Important Dates
|Release of Online Application
|2nd week of March 2021
|Last date to fill online application
|3rd week of April 2021
|Availability of Admit card
|2nd week of May 2021
|3rd week of June 2021
|Result Declaration Date
|1st week of July 2021
- Passed Master’s degree exams from a UGC recognized university in streams such as Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications, etc. is required to apply for this exam.
- The above qualification should be passed with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category candidates).
- There is no age limit decided for the Assistant Professor role.
- The general category candidates who are interested in the JRF should not be more than 30 years.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category and female candidates who are interested in the JRF should not be more than 35 years
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply.
Exemption (For Assistant Professor)
- Cleared the NET/SLET/SET exam in various Universities or institutions.
- Passed the SET recognized by UGC will be exempted to appear in the exam.
- Cleared candidates of the UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted to appear for the test.
- Candidates having a Ph.D. Degree by UGC as per the minimum standards and process for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SELT.
UGC NET June 2021 Application Form
Fill the Application form and select the subject first and the role that you are applying for. Enter all the required personal information such as name, gender, mobile number, etc and other educational information. Click on save and upload the documents. The applicants should upload the passport size photo. All the documents should be uploaded in the appropriate format and size. There is no need to send the application form to the official address.
- The application fee for General and OBC-NCL candidates will be Rs. 1000/- and Rs. 500/- respectively.
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 250/-
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.
|Online CBT mode
|Number of Papers
|Paper I and Paper-II
|Total Number of Questions
|50 + 100
|Type of Questions
|Multiple-choice type questions
|English and Hindi
|100 for Paper 1 and 200 for Paper-II
|Marks for each correct answer
|Number of Questions
|50 questions (all compulsory)
|100 questions (all compulsory)
- To be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor the minimum marks need to be the score in Paper-I and Paper-II.
- The cutoff will be available as soon as the result is declared.
|Paper – I
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates
UGC NET June 2021: Important Points
- The list of qualified candidates of the UGC NET June 2021 exam will be published online.
- The top 6% of candidates who participated in both the tests will be considered qualified for the entrance test.
- Admission to several universities or institutions in India will be proposed by the grade limit obtained according to the categories.
- The top 15% of the candidates in each category will be eligible for the position of Assistant Professor only.
Check the official website of NTA UGC NET: https://ntanet.nic.in/