UGC NET 2023: National Testing Agency (NTA) organizes UGC NET to determine the eligibility of candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant professor. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted twice every year – in June and December. Numerous candidates appear in this examination in order to get Junior Research Fellowship. This examination gets conducted at the various Examination Centers across the country. Check here for details about UGC NET 2023 such as application form, eligibility criteria, examination date, exam pattern, etc.
UGC NET 2023: Important Dates
|Release of Online Application||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date to fill online application||2nd week of April 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exam Date||2nd week of June 2023|
|Result Declaration Date||1st week of July 2023|
- There is no age limit for the position of Assistant Professor.
- The age of the applicant for JRF must not be more than 30 years (35 yrs for reserved candidates).
- 3 years of age relaxation will be given for LLM Degree possessing candidates.
- Candidates, who have served in the armed forces, will be given 5 years of age relaxation.
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree or its equivalent from a board or university recognized by UGC with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for ST/SC/OBC/PwD) in the Master’s degree in the relevant stream.
- Appearing Candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply.
Exemption (For Assistant Professor)
- Cleared the NET/SLET/SET exam in various Universities or institutions.
- Passed the SET recognized by UGC will be exempted to appear in the exam.
- Cleared candidates of the UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted to appear for the test.
- Candidates having a Ph.D. Degree by UGC as per the minimum standards and process for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SELT.
UGC NET 2023 Application Form
UGC NET Application Form will be available on the official website of NTA. Candidates are required to visit the official site to apply for this exam. A link to the official website and to apply for this exam will be updated in this article as soon as the application form is released. The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan. Candidates can open the link to apply for eligibility. Before filling out the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. Take the printout of the filled application form and payment slip for further usage.
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.
- The entrance test will be organized in an Online CBT mode.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective-type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, are intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective-type compulsory questions.
- The timings for Paper I will be from 09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. and the same for Paper-II will be from 11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours|
The cutoff will be available as soon as the result is declared.
|Category||Paper – I||Paper-II|
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET 2023: Important Points
- UGC NET is the eligibility test for the post of assistant professor in Indian colleges/Universities.
- It is also the qualifying test for the award of Junior Research Fellowship.
- You need to bring one identity proof along with the admit card.
- There will be no negative marking in UGC NET Dec 2023.
- You can pay the fee through a credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- The candidate should have at least a master’s degree from a recognized institution to be eligible for UGC NET.
- Candidates who completed post-graduation in public administration can appear net exam for the subject of political science.
Check the official website of NTA UGC NET: https://ntanet.nic.in/