UPCATET stands for Uttar Pradesh Combine Agricultural and Technology Entrance Test as the name suggests is an entrance exam for studies in Agricultural and technology-related fields and involves universities from Uttar Pradesh only. Students interested in the UPCATET 2023 must go to the official website and fill out the form before last date and after that, no forms will be considered. The students need to pay an amount of 1250 rupees for the Application form and 1050 rupees for students belonging to SC/ ST and OBC sections.
UPCATET 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of application forms
|1st week of March 2023
|Last date to submit application forms
|4th week of April 2023
|Correction Window OUT
|1st week of May 2023
|Admit Card OUT
|1st week of June 2023
|3rd week of June 2023
|4th week of June 2023
Participating Universities in UPCATET
There are Four universities that participate in the UPCTET exam and one of these universities is responsible for conducting the exam every year. The Universities are as follows:
- Chandrashekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur
- Banda University of Agriculture and Technology, Banda.
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut
- Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Kumarganj, Faridabad
UPCATET 2023 Highlight
- The UPCATET Entrance exam is conducted once every year for the students with Uttar Pradesh Domicile only.
- The mode of exam is Offline
- The Exam is conducted by one of the four participating Universities. This year Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut is expected to organize the Entrance exam.
- The exam is conducted in Hindi and English language only.
- Once clearing the Exam, students need to appear for UPCATET counselling.
The students appearing for UPCATET need to pass the Eligibility criteria before appearing for the Exam. These Eligibility criteria depend on 3 sections that are marks, domicile, and age limit
Marks: Any candidate appearing for the UPCATET Undergraduate program must have PCM/PCM as their stream in 12th standard and must have scored at least 60% marks in their 12th standard.
Similarly, students applying for postgraduate degrees must score 60% in their respective fields.
Domicile: Only candidates belonging to Uttar Pradesh state can apply for the exam. Uttar Pradesh domicile is a must while applying for UPCATET Entrance Exam.
Age: Candidates appearing for the UPCATET Undergraduate entrance exam should be a minimum of 16 years and a maximum of 22years. For students belonging to SC/ ST category the maximum age to appear for the exam is 27years
Candidates appearing for the UPCATET Postgraduate entrance exam should be minimum of 17years and a maximum of 25years. For students belonging to SC/ST category the maximum age to appear in the exam goes up to 30 years.
The UPCATET 2023 exam is an offline mode exam. The students appearing for the exam must come to the exam center with the required documents for the identification of the candidates.
- The exam consists of 200 questions and the weightage of the whole exam is 600 marks
- The exam consists of objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- The Duration for the exam for all courses (except MBA) is 3 hours.
- The duration of students perusing PhD. is 2 hours.
- The exam has negative marking which means for every right answer 3 marks will be awarded but for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- There is no negative marking for questions that are not attempted.
UPCATET 2023 Registration Process
- The candidates appearing for the 2023 UPCATET entrance exam must fill out the application form. Before filling out the application form, the students must confirm the eligibility criteria for the same. The process to fill out the application form is as follows:
- Go to the official website of UPCATET and click on NEW REGISTRATION and fill out the required details and click SUBMIT
- An OTP will be generated on the next page. Confirm the OTP and click on SUBMIT, your registration number will be sent to you on your mobile number and email id.
- Again log in using your registration number and birthdate
- Fill out the details and upload the required documents. The documents uploaded must be scanned.
- The last step is to submit the application fee. A debit card or net banking can be used to fill the application fee and click SUBMIT again
- Don’t forget to take printouts for future reference.