UPTET 2023: Government employment and job stability go together very well. If you want to work for the state in the area of education in Uttar Pradesh, you must take the UPTET Exam. You may become a primary or secondary school teacher after passing this test. The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is a state-level test held once a year for primary & upper primary teachers in Uttar Pradesh’s schools.
UPTET 2023 Overview
The following are the most important aspects of the UPTET exam:
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Authority Conducting||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation and Teacher training diploma|
|Purpose||Issue of Eligibility Certificate|
UPTET 2023 Important Dates
UPBEB will shortly publish official UPTET 2023 Exam Dates; until then, aspirants can check probable exam dates as follows:
|Application Form Release||August 2023|
|Application Fee Payment Last Date||To Be Notified|
|Admit Card||To Be Notified|
|Exam||To Be Notified|
|Objections on Answer Key||To Be Notified|
|Final Answer Key||To Be Notified|
|Result Declaration||To Be Notified|
UPBEB determines UPTET eligibility. Applicants who meet the UPTET 2023 eligibility requirements may apply for the test.
- Indian candidates who meet the criteria may apply.
- Bhutanese, Tibetan, and Nepalese citizens are also qualified to participate in the Uttar Pradesh TET 2023 test.
Applicants in the following age groups are eligible to apply.
The eligibility for UPTET is varied for primary and secondary school students. Interested applicants must fulfill the qualifying requirements listed below.
Eligibility for Primary Teacher Exam (Paper 1)
- They must have a 50 percent in 12th grade and a four-year BElEd diploma.
- The candidate must be a graduate with two years of B.T.C experience.
- Applicants must have a graduate or post-graduate degree from an NCTE/RCI-accredited university, as well as a two-year DE|ED diploma.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and two years of BTC training in Hindi or Urdu.
Eligibility for Post-Primary Teacher Exam (Paper 2)
- The candidate must be a graduate or post-graduate from an NCTE-accredited institution with a minimum of 50%.
- The candidate must be a graduate with two years of BTC experience.
- The applicant must have at least 50 percent from a recognized university or institution, as well as a two-year B.Ed credential or equivalent.
- The applicant must have a 50 percent in 12th grade and a four-year diploma in B.El.Ed. or B.S.C.D.
UPTET 2023 Application Form
Applicants will have the option of taking either Paper 1 or Paper 2,+, or both Papers, depending on how many papers they wish to take. Those who wish to teach grades 1–5 should take Paper 1, whereas applicants who would like to teach grades 6–8 should take Paper 2. If applicants wish to teach all of the courses, they may apply or appear for both Papers.
The details of the application fee are shown below.
|Category||Paper-I or Paper-II||Both Papers|
|General/OBC||INR 600||INR 1200|
|SC/ST||INR 400||INR 800|
|PwD||INR 100||INR 200|
UPTET 2023 Application Procedure
The following is a step-by-step guide to completing the UPTET application form 2023:
- Go to the official UPTET website.
- To start the online registration procedure, go to the ‘UPTET 2023 Registration’ page.
- Then choose Applicant Registration from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you must fill in your contact information, such as a phone number and email address. Your registration number and an OTP will be sent to your registered email address and phone number.
Step-2: Verification of Registration
- You must enter your registration number as well as the OTP you got to validate your registration.
- Afterward, you will be successfully enrolled for UPTET 2023.
Step-3: Fill up the Education Information
- To begin, choose educational information. Then go to the official website and log in using your credentials.
- On the computer screen, the UPTET application form will display. Individuals will be required to submit personal information (name, date of birth, gender, religion, category, and so on), as well as qualification information.
Step-4: Paying Registration Fees
- Candidates must log in with their credentials and pay the fees using a debit or credit card; once paid, the application cost will not be returned.
Step-5: Filling the Address
- The applicant must log in again and put in the appropriate and permanent address in the spaces given before submitting the modifications.
Step-6: Uploading the Documents
- Candidates should provide a scanned picture of a current passport-size photo.
- Aspirants must decide which kind of photo identification evidence they will bring to the UPTET 2023 Exam Center.
- The scanned copy of the picture will be in the format and resolution specified on the form.
- Candidates may click on “Preview” to see the picture that has been submitted and then “Confirm” when they are satisfied with the image quality.
Step-7: Obtaining a Copy of the Form
- Finally, an applicant may save his or her completed UPTET application form.
UPTET 2023 Exam Pattern
The UPTET exam will be divided into two parts: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be given to applicants who are seeking a position as a teacher in grades 1 to 5. Paper 2 will be held for the purpose of appointing a teacher for classes 6 to 8.
- Papers 1 and 2 will be administered in an offline format.
- Paper 1 has five subjects/sections, whereas Paper 2 has four subjects/sections.
- It takes 2.5 hours to finish both papers (150 minutes)
- The test has Objective-style multiple-choice questions.
- Each right answer will get one mark, and UPTET does not allow for negative marking.
- Both papers include 150 questions, with four choices for each question, only one of which is right.
|Paper||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|1||Teaching Methodology and Pedagogy||30||30|
|2nd Language (Anyone from English, Urdu & Sanskrit)||30||30|
|2||Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy||30||30|
|1st Language (Hindi)||30||30|
|2nd Language (Anyone from English, Urdu & Sanskrit)||30||30|
|a. Mathematics & Science b. Social Studies/ Social Science||60||60|