West Bengal B.Pharm Admission 2023: B. Pharm stands Bachelor’s of Pharmacy refers to four years of the undergraduate program under medical science. Under the course of B.Pharm, students study drugs, medicines, pharmaceuticals, medical chemistry, etc. Thus, the students pursuing B.Pharm have a wide scope in both the private and public sectors. They can choose to work as a pharmacist, drug inspector, medical supervisor, or can open a medical drugstore of their own.
After the completion of class XII, students can apply for the common entrance test to take admission into pharmacy colleges. Students can also apply through the state-level pharmacy entrance examinations, which are similar to Engineering entrance tests. For the aspiring candidate of West Bengal for B.Pharm, all the details regarding 2023 admission including eligibility, entrance exam, important events like counseling, etc. are described here.
WB B.Pharm Entrance Exam
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board conducts a state-level WBJEE once a year, which is mandatory for students to take admission in West Bengal’s pharmacy colleges. The mode of examination for West Bengal B.Pharma Admission 2023 is offline and two hours will be allotted for the test. All the questions asked in the examination will be multiple choice type (MCQs).
West Bengal B.Pharm Admission 2023 Dates
|WBJEE Pharmacy 2023 application form||3rd week of February 2023|
|Application Correction window||3rd week of March 2023|
|Admit Card release||1st week of July 2023|
|Exam date||2nd week of July 2023|
|Announcement of Result||August|
|Registrations WBJEE Pharmacy 2023 Counseling||To be notified|
To be notified
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
The candidates must fulfill all these eligibility criteria to get admission to B.Pharm (West Bengal) 2023
- The candidate must be a resident of India.
- He/she must be 17 years of age above.
- It is required to complete H.S.E (10 + 2) or its equivalent examination from a recognized board of education with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biology as main subjects.
- It is necessary to score at least 60% marks in all the above three subjects taken together.
- The candidate must have cleared the WBJEE entrance exam.
- Reserved category students ((SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC)) who wish to take admission in Pharmacy course must have Residential/Domicile Certificate.
West Bengal B.Pharm Application Procedure 2023
Candidates can appear for the West Bengal B.Pharm entrance exam by filling the WBJEE application form. Use the following guide to fill the application form as given below:
- While filling the application form, details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, DOB, sex, identification type, and number are asked.
- The candidate must be vigilant while entering all the details in the application form because usually the information cannot be edited once filled. All the information must be authentic and should match the school’s admit cards, mark sheets, and certificates exactly.
- After these steps, contact details like address, mobile number, email id, state, district, and PIN number are filled in.
- In the next step, the candidate has to choose a password and security question/ answer.
- Now the candidate is required to submit the details of the registration.
- Once the registration is done successfully, an application number is generated and displayed on the screen, and a confirmation email will be forwarded to the registered email address.
- The candidate must remember the application number, password, and security question/answer. If the password is lost, there is an option of “Forget Password” to recover it. But if it is also lost, no changes can be made to the registration information and there is no other way to recover the password.
- The latest photograph of the candidate and signature have to be uploaded after filling the application form.
- After this step, the candidate will be automatically redirected to the fee payment portal.
West Bengal B.Pharm Counselling Process
There will be a computer-based filling centralized counseling and seat allocation process of choice in WBJEE B.Pharm Counseling 2023. Besides this, a document verification process will be done at the time of counseling followed by submitting the Provisional admission fee for the seat allotment.
Steps in WBJEE B.Pharm Counselling
There are six steps in the WBJEE B.Pharm Counseling which are discussed below in this section.
STEP 1:- Online Registration
- To appear in the counseling round, online registration must be done by the candidate visiting WBJEE’s official website (www.wbjeeb.nic.in).
- Click on the “New Candidate Registration” tab on the website.
- Fill in the registration form by entering the Roll Number, Password, and other requisite details.
- This will generate an ID and Password which the candidate can use in the future as log-in credentials.
STEP 2:- Choice Filling
- Here, the candidate has to choose the list of colleges and courses available as his/her preference and lock their choices.
- Candidates are advised to arrange their preferences in order of priority.
- If any candidate refuses to lock their decisions before the set deadline will not be taken into account for the seat allotment and counseling process.
- A copy of locked choices must be carried by the applicant to the reporting centers.
STEP 3:- Seat Allotment
The seat allotment process will be processed on the basis of candidates’ WBJEE 2023 marks and the WBJEE 2023 merits list. On the same date, the official website will release the seat matrix.
STEP 4:- Provisional Admission Fee
After securing a seat in the first round of online counseling, the selected candidates have to deposit the provisional admission fee to confirm or upgrade their seats. The amount of provisional admission fee according to institutions and category of candidates is given below:
|Category Seats||Type of Institute||Provisional Admission Fee|
|(Tuition Fee Waiver) Category Seats||All institutes||Rs 3,000/-|
|Open Category Seats||Government Engineering & Technology Colleges/ State-Aided University/Pharmacy Colleges/ University Departments||Rs 5,000/-|
|Open Category Seats||Self-Financing Universities/Government Engineering & Technology Colleges/Architecture Institutes/ University Departments||Rs 5,000/-|
STEP 5:- Document Verification
- In the next step, the candidates have to report to the examination center for document verification.
- Then, a provisional admission letter or allocation letter will be issued from the allotted reporting centers.
- The candidate can either accept or upgrade the allotted seat.
- If a candidate needs to withdraw from the counseling, then the provisional admission fee will be refunded.
STEP 6:- Confirmation
The selected candidate can now secure their seat in their preferred participating college of WBJEE 2023.
The documents required for the West Bengal B.harm admission 2023 are: Class 10th Certificate (Along with its mark sheet), Class 12th Certificate (Along with its mark sheet), Applicant WBJEE Admit Card, Applicant WBJEE Result, WBJEE Seat Allotment Letter, Payment receipt of Counselling Registration Fee, Domicile certificate, Category Certificate, and PwD Certificate