XAT 2024: Every year Lakhs of applicants apply for XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test) to groom their career by getting admission in the MBA course. Admission to XLRI is made based on the marks scored in XAT & GMAT. It is national level examination conducted by XLRI every year in major cities of India. The notification will be released for XAT 2024 most probably in September 2023. The application forms will be available online at the official website of XLRI-XAT in the month of September 2023.
XAT 2024 Important Dates
|Application Date Starts||3rd week of August 2023|
|Application Date Ends||4th week of November 2023|
|Last Date for Registration & Application received only for DD Payment||2nd week Of December 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||3rd Week Of December 2023|
|Date of Exam||1st Week Of January 2024|
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a state or central recognized institute or university. There are no criteria for the minimum aggregate percentile in graduation degrees.
- There is no age limit to apply for XAT 2024.
- The applicants appearing in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply for XAT 2024 (provided they have to submit the proof of passing their final year exam to XLRI by June 2024.
XAT 2024 Application form
The application forms will be available online at the official website of XLRI in the month of September 2023. The applicants will have to apply only through online mode. Now the applicants will have to fill out only one application form for 2 purposes-
- To write an examination of XAT 2024 &
- To get admission in XLRI
The application procedure of XAT 2024 is as follows-
- Fill a few basic details to create a unique XAT 2024 ID & password.
- Now login to the official website using this unique Id & password to fill the application form. Now you have to upload the scanned images of your photograph & signature in the appropriate format.
- To complete the application procedure, the application fee has to be paid. The applicants are advised to keep to take the printout of the confirmation page for future reference. The applicant who is paying the application fee through cash or DD will have to fill the payment details in the application form.
XAT 2024 Application fee
The applicants will have to pay Rs. 1500/- as application fee for all the categories. The fee can be paid either through online mode or offline mode (by cash/DD).
There will be a total of 78 questions with a duration of 170 minutes. There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer, however, there is no penalty for GK & Essay sections. 5 sections in the question paper will be divided into 2 parts as follows-
- English language/ Verbal & logical reasoning
- Decision making/ Analytical reasoning
- Quantitative ability/ Data interpretation
- Essay writing
- General awareness
|Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|English Language & Logical Reasoning||24||170 Minutes|
|Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Essay||One Topic||40 Minutes|
XAT 2024 Cut Off
|Program: BM (Percentile)|
|Program: HR (Percentile)|
|Program: GMP (Marks Obtained)|
|VA||5 and above|
|DM||5 and above|
|QA||6 and above|
|Overall||22 and above|
- GK & Awareness: Current affairs, constitution, countries, sports CE, Persons, Inventions & discoveries, Animals, Languages, Buildings, Famous Personalities, Awards & honors, Currencies, Indian & world geography, Indian & world history, democratic policy, current events, etc.
- Quantitative analysis: Venn diagram, binomial expansion, vectors, trigonometry, probability, clocks, partnership, installment payments, set theory, mode, median, maxima & minima progression, Combinations & permutations, simple & compound interest, geometric mean, arithmetic mean, geometric progression, time-speed-distance, arithmetic progression, number base system, allegation & mixture, percentages, averages, number system, harmonic mean, profit & loss, Ratio & proportion, Geometry.
- English: Punctuation, sentence correction, errors in word choice, antonyms, analogies, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, syllogisms, verbal reasoning, fill in the blanks, comprehension of the passage, contextual usage, etc.
- Logical reasoning: Coding-decoding, matrix arrangements, symbol-based problem, family tree problem, puzzles, identifying probably true, statements & assumptions, definitely true, identifying strong & weak arguments, identifying valid inferences, Statements & conclusions, Assertion & reason, visual reasoning, assumption-premise-conclusion, critical reasoning.