Application forms for AIFD (Army Institute of Fashion Design) will be released soon on their official website www.aifdonline.in. The exam will be conducted by the Army welfare education society for students who belong to army backgrounds. It is an entrance exam that will be conducted for students who want to take admitted in the Army Institute of Fashion & Design which is affiliated with Bangalore University. It will be a written test and the selection of the students will depend on their performance. Check here for details of AIFD Admission 2024.
AIFD Admission 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||Army Institute of Fashion and Design|
|Conducted by||Army Welfare Education Society|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Application form date||June 2024|
|Admit card release date||July 2024|
|Exam date||July 2024|
|Type of Questions||Objective type and Drawing type|
|Website for Registration||www.aifdonline.in|
There are 60 seats reserved for students who are from an army background and 10% of the seats are reserved for students who are from Karnataka. The admission will completely depend upon your performance in the entrance exam and the students who will qualify the eligibility criteria with the highest percentage of marks will be given first preference. So every candidate should work hard to get admission in the entrance exam because the number of seats is very less in comparison to the number of candidates applying for the admissions.
AIFD Admission 2024: How to apply
- Go to the website in
- Candidates can download the Application form from the website
- The candidates should fill in all the information that is required in the form
- The next step is to submit the application fee
- The Application form can then be submitted through offline mode only
- If the candidates are not in Bangalore, they can send the payment through DD along with the application form
- Keeping the photocopy of the application is a must for future use.
The Application fee for AIFD is INR 500/-. The candidates applying for the AIFD entrance exam must pay the application fee before submitting the form, otherwise, the form may not be considered.
AIFD Exam 2024: Admit Card
- Once the application form is submitted the candidate will receive the admit card through registered post.
- The admit card must be carried to the examination hall otherwise the candidate may not be allowed to give the exam.
- The student who did not get the admit card on time must report it to the AIFD authority.
- The admit card contains all the important details about the exam like name, date, roll number, exam center etc.
AIFD Admission 2024: Eligibility Criteria
There is a certain eligibility criterion that you need to pass to appear for the exam which is mentioned below:
- The candidate must be from an Army background to appear for the exam.
- At least one of the parents must have served in the army for 10 years or more
- Wards of people who have been granted disability in the military are also eligible for the exam
- If the candidate is adopted, then he/she must be adopted for more than 5 years before applying for the exam.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 35%marks in their 11th and 12th standard to appear for the exam.
- The candidate must be certified medically fit to take admitted to the Institute.
The students must check the exam pattern before preparing for the exam, it will become a big help to channel the study pattern accordingly.
- The exam will go on for 3 hours (180 minutes)
- The exam will include objective type, multiple-choice questions, and drawing questions
- There will be a total of 73 questions out of which 70 will be objective type and MCQs and the rest will be based on drawing.
- There is no negative marking in the AIFD entrance exam
Syllabus for the exam
The exam paper will have questions from general knowledge, general reasoning, political science, history, current affairs, etc. to appear for the exam. A rough idea of the exam syllabus is given below. The candidate must read it carefully to prepare for the exam.
|General Knowledge/ Current affairs/ history||
|General Reasoning||Reasoning questions related to fashion and pattern may be asked like finding the odd one out or coding-decoding|
|Drawing/Sketch/pattern||Sketches are a very important part of fashion and therefore creating sketches of dresses, necklaces, or rings according to geometric patterns may be asked to draw. Also, nature, rain, and traffic-like scenes may be asked to draw to check the potential of the candidate.|
What if candidates score the same marks then what are the criteria for selection?
If candidates score the same number of marks in the entrance exam then there is a basic criterion on the basis of which the candidate is selected:
- For the candidates who are applying for PG courses, their aggregate marks in their graduation will confirm their admission to the university. The students with higher marks in their UG courses will get priority to get admission first.
- Similarly, students with science stream courses with higher marks in graduation will also be given priority
- Students with higher marks in language competency and comprehension tests will be prioritized for the admissions
- For UG courses, the admission will be based on the candidate’s performance.