Application forms for the GAT-B entrance exam will be released soon. The students interested in pursuing a master’s in biotechnology from reputed universities and colleges must visit the website and fill out the application form before the last date. The students who will clear the entrance exam will get admission to one of the 34 universities that organize these exams through the National Testing Agency. Students from all over the country apply for admission in these universities, but since the seats are limited, the students must study hard for the exam. Check here details for GAT-B 2024.
GAT-B 2024: General Outlook
GAT-B stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Biotechnology. This test is conducted for students who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree in the field of biotechnology from a reputed university. It is a national level entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency on the behalf of 34 universities offering PG courses in the field of Biotechnology like M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M.Sc. in allied areas, M.V.Sc., M.Tech Biotechnology, and M.Sc. Biotechnology etc. The total number of postgraduate programs is 64 with just 1221 seats available.
GAT-B 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test for Biotechnology|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
GAT-B 2024 Important Dates
|Application form release date||1st week of March 2024|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of March 2024|
|Admit card release date||To be Updated|
|Exam date||To be Updated|
|Answer key release date||To be Updated|
|Result release date||To be Updated|
The students applying for GAT-B must hold a bachelor’s degree in the required field with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university for example:
- The students applying for M.V.Sc. Animal biotechnology must have a bachelor’s degree in B.V.Sc and AH with at least 60% marks.
- The students applying for M.Tech in Biotechnology must have a B.Tech or B.E degree in a relevant field
- For M.Sc. in Allied areas/ Agricultural Biotechnology must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field
- Those, who are from reserved classes like SC/ST/OBC or are differently-abled must have at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
GAT-B 2024 Application Form
The step by step process to fill the application form for GAT-B is as follows:
- Visit the official website which is rcb.res.in
- Register yourself with your name, email Id, and mobile number and your registration Id will be generated
- Login with your registration credentials and start filling out the application form with all the information that has been asked
- Upload the passport size of your photograph and a scanned copy of your signature
- Upload all other necessary documents that have been asked for in the application form in the prescribed format.
- Submit the application fee through Debit/Credit card or Net banking
- Submit the application form
- Don’t forget to take the photocopy of the application form for further use.
There is a specific amount that the students need to pay while filling out the application form for Gat-B and the details for the same are given below:
- The application fee for general category students is INR 1200/-
- The application fee for reserved category students like SC/ST/OBC and students who are differently-abled is INR 600/- only.
GAT-B is a national-level entrance exam and is one of the toughest in the field of Biotechnology. Students from all over the country apply for this exam to get admission to the reputed university which makes this exam highly competitive. The student applying for this exam must go through the exam pattern before they start preparing for the exam
- The Exam will continue for 3 hours
- The exam is online-based.
- There will be 2 sections in the exam and both the sections will contain 60 questions which are compulsory to attempt
- Questions will be in the form of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
- There will be negative markings in the exam. For section A: 1 mark for every correct answer and ½ mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. For section B: 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
GAT-B 2024 Result
The date of release of the result will be announced by the conducting authority after the exam. The result will be declared on the online platform. The students who have appeared for the GAT-B entrance exam can download their results from the official website through their login credentials.
The selection of the students will be performance-based. A merit list will be created on the basis of the performance of the students which will decide the rank of the student for admission.