BITS MCA 2022: BITS MCA Entrance Exam is a University level exam conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology for candidates to join the full-time Master of Computer Application program in various campuses of BITS. Check the details about BITS MCA 2022 eligibility criteria, exam pattern, exam dates, application form, etc. Also, check details about BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2022. Candidates can take the admission in the various campuses located at Noida, Lalpur, Jaipur after appearing in the entrance test.
BITS MCA 2022 Important Dates
|Online application starts||2nd week of March 2022|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of April 2022|
|Receipt of completed application form at Mesra||1st week of May 2022|
|Admit card availability||Last week of May 2022|
|Date of online test||1st week of June 2022|
|Result Publication||3rd week of June 2022|
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass Intermediate or equivalent from a recognized board in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subjects, and
- Should have a Bachelor of Computer Applications, or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at the graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate has to obtain the minimum score marks of 55% for general and 50% marks for reserved category.
- Subjects: Candidates should pass the Intermediate examination with Mathematics and Science.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year students can also apply.
- 2,500/- for General/OBC.
- 1,500/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank).
- The fee is non-refundable.
- The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Candidates will be awarded four marks for each correct response.
- For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the total score.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Analytical Ability& Logical Reasoning||20|
Section A: Mathematics (60 questions – objective type)
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, binomial theorem, permutations, and combinations, surds
- Set Theory: Sets and subsets, operations on sets, relations and functions sequences, properties of integers, Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, the inverse of a matrix, rank, eigenvalues, and eigenvectors, solution of simultaneous linear equations, quadratic forms
- Coordinate Geometry: Equations of a line, mid-point, intersections Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, the pair of straight lines, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola, etc.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, simple examples of maxima and minima, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series, integration of function by parts, differentiation of function(s), tangents and normals, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere etc.
Differential Equations: Differential equations of the first order and their solutions, homogeneous linear differential equations, linear differential equations with constant coefficients.
- Vectors: Addition and subtraction of vectors, Position vector, scalar, and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Solution of triangles, simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, height and distance, inverse function
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, frequency distributions, averages, skewness and kurtosis, dependent and independent events and measures of dispersions, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, the principle of least squares, correlation and regression, binomial, Poisson, normal distributions and curve fitting.
- Linear Programming: Formulation of simple linear programming problems, revised simplex method, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: (20 questions – objective type)
- Questions in this section will test quantitative reasoning, logical reasoning, and vision-spatial reasoning
Section C: Computer Awareness: (20 questions – objective type)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, input/output devices, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, backup devices, computer memory, memory organization, etc.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, binary and hexadecimal representations, integers, and fractions, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, 1’s and 2’s complement arithmetic, Boolean algebra, truth tables, floating-point representation of numbers, normalized floating-point representation, Venn diagrams.
Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between the processor and I / O devices, interrupts
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high-level language, Computer Programming in C, Multiprogramming and time-sharing operating systems.
- Flowchart and Algorithms
- Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, functions of an operating system, types of operating systems, modern operating systems
Section D: English: (20 questions – objective type)
- Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
- Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
- Idioms and phrases
- Reading comprehension
- Expansion of an idea
- Completion of a sentence (with choices)
- Choice of an appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
- Abridging sentences / paragraphs.
BITS MCA 2022 Result
- The result will be published in online mode only.
- The result will be published in the third week of June 2022.
- The admission will be provided in the various campuses of Birla Institute of Technology on the basis of the result.
BITS MCA 2022 Admission
- On the basis of marks obtained in the BITS, MCA entrance exam candidates will be shortlisted.
- According to the merit list, candidates will be allotted college and course.
- After the third week of June 2022, the merit list will be uploaded on the website and in the Notice Boards of the institute/concerned campus.
Documents required at the time of reporting for admission:
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- DOB Certificates
- Admit card and Scorecard of BITS MCA 2022
- Mark sheet of graduation
- Photo Identification
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)