BITSAT 2024: Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani conducts a university level entrance BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology Science Admission Test) to offer admission to eligible applicants in the 1st year of numerous UG & PG courses. Admission to deserving applicants in 3 campuses- K.K.Birla Goa Campus, Pilani Campus, and Hyderabad Campus. The notification about BITSAT 2024 will be released in the 3rd week of December 2023. Candidates can get relevant details about BITSAT 2024 in the following article.
Available Seats in all Campuses
|Campus||Courses||Number of Seats|
|BITS Pilani||M.Sc. (Tech.): Finance, Information Systems and General Studies
B.E. (Honors): B. Pharm. (Honors); M.Sc. (Honors): Chemistry, Economics, Biological Sciences, Physics, Mathematics
|BITS Hyderabad||M.Sc. (Honors): Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Math, Economics and Physics
B.E. (Honors): Civil, Chemical, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics and Mechanical
B. Pharm. (Honors)
M.Sc. (Tech.): Information Systems
|BITS Goa||M.Sc. (Honors): Economics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Math and Physics
B.E. (Honors): Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical and Electronics & Instrumentation
M.Sc. (Tech.): Information Systems
BITSAT 2024: Important Dates
|Starting of Online application||3rd week of December 2023|
|Submission of the online application last date||2nd week of March 2024|
|Corrections in the application form||2nd week of March 2024|
|Test center allotment||3rd week of March 2024|
|Exam Slot booking||4th week of March 2024|
|Admit card||2nd week of April 2024|
|Exam (CBT) Schedule||3rd week of May 2024|
|Apply for admission to the institute||1st week of May 2024|
|Release of Admit List/Wait List||3rd week of June 2024|
- Passed higher secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized board is required to apply for BITSAT 2024.
- The qualifying exam should be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subject to apply for all the programs (except B.Pharm).
- Candidates must have qualified higher secondary or equivalent with PCB or PCM group for B.Pharm with English as a subject.
- The applicants should have scored 75% in PCB or PCM groups.
- They also need to have secured 60% marks separately in each of the three subjects.
- The appearing candidates in the qualifying examination can also apply.
BITSAT 2024 Application Form
The applications will be available from the 3rd week of December 2023. Candidates can fill out the application form online from the official website of BITSAT. The applicants also have to pay the application fee to complete the application form. The application fee to be paid is given in the next section. The applicants are suggested to keep the printout of the duly filled application form for further reference.
- The fee for Male candidates will be Rs. 3150/-.
- For female applicants, the application fee will be Rs. 2650/-.
- Those applicants who have opted for Dubai as an examination center, have to pay US $80 (Rs. 5600/-) for both male & female applicants.
- The application fee can be paid either online through net banking, credit/debit card at any branch of ICICI bank).
As per the expectation, the candidates can book their slot within the dates decided. It is necessary to book the slot in order to gain the admit card issued in favor of the candidate. Candidates are required to reserve their date and timings (slot booking) on which date they would like to appear for the aptitude test. The booking would be on the basis of the first-cum-first basis.
- The examination will be scheduled in an online mode.
- There will be 4 sections in the questions paper- Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm).
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- There will be total of 150 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 3 marks for each correct answer.
- There will be a penalty of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of questions|
|III||A) English Proficiency||15|
|B) Logical Reasoning||10|
|IV||C) Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
The exam of BITSAT 2024 will be conducted at the following places: Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Ghaziabad, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Indore, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mangalore, Nagpur, Nashik, Noida, Patna, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Siliguri, Surat, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vadodara, Vishakhapatnam, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai (1, 2), Lucknow (1, 2), Jaipur (1, 2, 3), Bangalore (1, 2), Vijayawada (1, 2), Delhi (1, 2, 3, 4), Hyderabad Campus (1, 2), Hyderabad City (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), Dubai (UAE)
BITSAT 2024 Counselling
- The Counseling process will be held for BITS campuses (Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad).
- There will be three rounds of counseling conducted.
- Those candidates who have gained higher ranks will be invited to attend the first round of counseling.
- English Proficiency: Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Comprehension, Word Formation, Conclusion, Composition, etc.
- Mathematics: Complex numbers, Theory of Quadratic equations, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Logarithms and their properties, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
- Chemistry: Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Electro Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen, and s-block elements, etc.
- Physics: Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Rotational Motion, etc.
- Biology: Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, and Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Binary Logic, Syllogism, Classification Test, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Books for BITSAT 2024
- BITSAT (Class XI) In English with CD
- 12 Practice Papers BITSAT 2017 PB 8th Edition by G K P
- BITSAT Explorer 2017 (With CD) (English) by MTG Editorial Board
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT (English) by One Learn Education
- BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning PB (English) by Disha Experts
- Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test – with Mock Test CD (English) by Disha Experts
- A Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT 2024 (With CD) by Comprehensive Coverage of NCERT Syllabus for Classes 11 and 12 (English) 4th Edition by Arihant Publication
Official Website: https://www.bitsadmission.com/