CAT exam is organised every year on rotational basis which is organized at a national level for selecting eligible candidates for admission into various PG management programs tutor across IIMs in India. Basically CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 is the norms and conditions which is imposed by IIM to be fulfil prior applying for the examination of CAT 2018.
CAT Exam is divided into two phases, the first phase is the written examination namely CAT 2018, conducted in the month of December 2018. On the basis of the candidate preference for IIMs, institutes chosen by the eligible candidates and intimate them for the second phase of examination which involves various rounds like Group Discussions, Written Ability Test, Personal Interview etc., as per the conditions of the IIM body. Minimum criteria of 50% (general) and 45% (SC/ST )is required to appear for CAT 2018.
For the last few years the eligibility criteria of CAT has remained the same and is expected will continue to be the same this year as well. Before applying for CAT 2018 candidates were suggested to check the CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 which is mentioned below.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
- Bachelor’s degree is required with the minim of 50% (for general) and 45% (for ST/SC/PwD) which is set up by the IIM’s.
- Final year students i.e. the appearing candidates who are pursuing their degree and the result is awaited are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018, therefore certain provisional time period will be given to the candidates to submit their certificates at the time of admission procedure.
- Candidates need to fulfil any three conditions during the time of application which are:
Completed Bachelor’s Degree with requisite percentile.
Completed Professional Degree with requisite percentile
Appearing in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree with requisite score percentile
- For Scheduled Caste (SC): 15 per cent of the seats are reserved.
- For Scheduled Tribe (ST) 7.5 per cent of the seats are reserved
- For OBC/Backward classes: 27 per cent seats are reserved.
- For PwD: 3% seats were reserved.
Admit card will be issued to the candidates in the month of December prior examination. Only eligible & successful filled application form candidates will be issued the CAT Admit card 2018. Candidates have to download the admit card from the official portal and have to take the print out of it and which is mandatory to carry on the examination date.
Admit card contains all the information related to the candidate like: name, father’ name, mother’s name, address, roll no, DOB, instructions to be followed during the examination.
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
In case of any error of discrepancies candidates can concerned the authorized body. Don’t forget to carry your admit card on the examination date because the invigilator will not permit you to enter the examination hall without CAT Admit card 2018.
- For general category candidates 50% is required in the qualifying exam and for SC/ST its 45%.
- In order to acquire admission in IIM’s it is mandatory to qualify CAT 2018.
- CAT 2018 is conducted at the national level.
- Candidates while applying for CAT 2018 must check the eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility Criteria is the terms & conditions required to fulfil by the candidate and on the basis of which they can apply for the examination.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for CAT 2018.
- CS/CA/ICWA holders are also eligible to appear for the examination.
- Seats were reserved separately for different categories.
- Gathers all the information and then proceed further because the form will be rejected if the candidates will not satisfy the minimum CAT eligibility criteria 2018.
- Those candidates who will successfully eligible and fill their application form will be issued the Admit Card of CAT 2018.
- Merit list will decide the candidate admission in IIM’S campuses according to the score occupied in CAT 2018.