The most bothering questions from where to begin the preparations and which book must be referred arise when it comes to preparation. We guess these and many more such questions must be bothering every CAT aspirant. That’s why we are providing CAT Exam Important Books which will help candidates to prepare accordingly. CAT a national level examination and a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programmes (MBA). It is mandatory to qualify the CAT exam, for admission into IIMs. Various reputed colleges other than IIMs also consider the CAT 2018 score for offering admission. Every year Lakhs of applicants take part in the examination to fulfill their dream. A list of CAT Exam Important Books like best fiction/non-fiction books, newspapers, magazines is available below. Read this article further for more information on highly recommended books for the preparation of this highly coveted exam.
CAT Exam Important Books
For any examination, books are always the initial choice as preparation material. There are plenty of books and other preparation resources available for CAT. Selecting the perfect book for the preparation is the major problem which the CAT aspirants face. Practice enough till you get enough of confidence by picking up any of these best books for CAT Preparation and prepare strategically from it.
CAT Exam Important Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma, Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill 2012 Rs. 625, 2012 edition
- Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma Publisher: Arihant, Rs. 650, 2013 edition.
- The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 650, 2012 edition.
- CBSE books for Class 8, 9, 10.
- NCERT Mathematics books for Class 8, 9 & 10.
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit Rs. 450, 2010 edition
CAT Exam Important Books for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 550, 2012 edition.
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha. Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 450, 2012 edition.
CAT Exam Important Books for Verbal Ability
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test 4th Edition (Paperback) by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma. Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill, Rs. 575, 2011 Edition.
- A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech Rs. 500, 2003 edition.
- Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS Rs. 149, 2011 edition.
- 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis Rs. 150, 1991 edit.
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
- The Indian Express
- The Statesman
Recommended Magazines for GD and PI Rounds
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business World
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Competition Success Review
Recommended fiction & non-fiction novels
|– The Great Indian Novel
– India after Gandhi
– Guns, Germs, and Steel
– Argumentative Indian
– Midnight’s Children
– The Last Mughal
|– Beyond the MBA Hype
– The World is Flat
– The Black Swan
– Tipping Point
– Thinking Fast & Slow
The syllabus should be in mind before buying a book for preparation or before starting to prepare for CAT exam.
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned topics.
- There is not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
- The syllabus comprises of four sections, i.e. Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
After buying a perfect book and keeping in mind the syllabus, one must study according to the exam pattern as given below:
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT 2018: Important Points
- The registration will be started from the second week of August 2018.
- Payment can be done through online mode only.
- There is not any upper or lower age limit is prescribed for CAT exam.
- Students must have secured 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD students.
- You can check the syllabus from the above given section.
- You can check the exam pattern section given above in the article.