JIPMER PG 2024: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research conducts JIPMER PG Entrance Exam, to offers admission to MD/MS courses through this examination. JIPMER organizes this examination two times in a year i.e. in January and July month. Check here all the important information for JIMPER PG 2024 such as exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form, syllabus, etc.
JIPMER PG 2024 Important Dates
For January Session for DM/M.Ch/Fellowship
|Online registration starts from
||2nd week of September 2023
|Online registration Last date
||last week of October 2023
||3rd week of November 2023
||1st week of December 2023
|Merit list publication
||2nd week of December 2023
||2nd week of December 2023
|Admission Closing date
||last week of February 2024
|Online registration starts
||4th week of February 2024
|Closing of online registration
||1st week of April 2024
|Release of admit card
||4th week of April 2024
||3rd week of May 2024
||4th week of May 2024
||2nd week of June 2024
||2nd week of June 2024
||2nd week of July 2024
||4th week of July 2024
|Closing of admission
||4th week of August 2024
- Age: At the time of appearing in the entrance exam year, all the candidates should be more than 20 years of age.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have an authentic MBBS degree from a state-recognized university.
- If candidates apply for MD/MS programs, the MBBS degree should also have approval from the Medical Council of India.
- Nationality: Indians living overseas (OCI) are also eligible to apply for this exam. But they have to prove registration as OCI at the time of counseling, to get enrolled in the admission process.
- Experience: All the aspirants must have completed the pre-requisite of 12 months of rotating practical training/internship for the January session, on or before the last week of December. This condition is only when the candidates are applying for the January session.
- All the aspirants must have completed the pre-requisite of 12 months of training (internship or practical) for the July session before 30 July 2024. This condition is only when the candidates are applying for the July session.
- Minimum Marks: All the candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (for the candidates belonging to the General category) in the MBBS degree (50% for the reserved category students belonging to SC/ST).
Check Here: JIPMER Online Application Form 2024
JIPMER PG 2024: Application Fee
- OPH candidates are exempted from the application fee.
- The application fee can be remitted through Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card only.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
|For Unreserved/OBC/Foreign candidates/Sponsored Candidates
|For NRI Candidates
JIPMER PG 2024 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: It is a single-shift online-based exam.
- Type of Exam: The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the examination is 180 minutes.
- Numbers of Questions: There is a total of 250 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response and for choosing the wrong response 1 mark will be deducted.
||Number of Questions
|Basic Clinical Sciences
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Anatomy, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology & Toxicology.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Orthopedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Dermatology, Pulmonary Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgery, Community Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and Blood Transfusion Medicine.
JIPMER PG 2024: Admit Card
- On the official website of the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry the admit card of the candidate will be released.
- Candidate can download it from the official website and take a print out of it.
- All the valid candidates can download their admit cards by entering their application number after the examination cell published the admit card.
- The admit card will only be available on the online mode and they are tentatively available in the month of November.
- Check every detail in the admit card and in the case of any discrepancies get in touch with the concerned authorities.
- All the candidates have to download the admit card from the official site of the institute.
JIPMER PG 2024 Counselling
- Candidates will be called for the counseling round, on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance exam.
- A category rank will be prepared by the authority.
- Candidates can get information regarding counseling, merit, and rank from the Notice Board of Academic Section, JIPMER, and from the website.
- No candidate will be informed individually.
- On the basis of the entrance exam, admission to the candidates will be provided strictly.
JIPMER PG Counselling
Documents Required during Counselling
- Hall Ticket of JIPMER PG 2024
- DOB Certificates
- Rank Letter
- Internship completion certificate
- ID proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- MBBS Degree or provisional pass certificate
- The online application process will tentatively start in September.
- Fill all the authentic personal and academic details in the application form.
- Note the transaction ID as well.
- All the candidates have to pay the application fee online.
- Upload your authentic signature.
- All the candidates will get three preferences for the cities of the exam center.
- The final call and the discretion of this are with the examination authorities of the institute.