Common Entrance Test or CAT analyses the skills of the aspirant in four sections: Verbal Ability, Logical & Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation. CAT is a national level examination and a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programmes (MBA). It offers opportunities to interested applicants to pursue PG programs in Business administration. Every year Lakhs of applicants take part in the examination to fulfill their dream. It is also a test of time management. It is mandatory to qualify the CAT exam, for admission into IIMs. Check all the details about CAT Exam Syllabus 2018 in the below article.
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned topics.
- There is not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
- The syllabus comprises of four sections, i.e. Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
CAT Exam Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
|– Number Systems
– LCM and HCF
– Time and Work
– Complex Numbers
– Ratio and Proportion
– Surds and Indices
– Sequences and Series
– Coordinate Geometry
|– Set Theory & Function
– Profit, Loss and Discount
– Speed, Time and Distance
– Quadratic Equations
– Linear Equations
– Simple and Compound Interest
– Permutation and Combination
– Mixtures and Alligations
CAT Exam Syllabus for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
– Bar Graphs
– Line Charts
– Column Graphs
– Venn Diagrams
– Pie Chart
– Binary Logic
– Logical Matching
– Logical Sequence
|– Verbal Reasoning
– Logical Reasoning
– Seating Arrangement
– Logical Connectives
– Number and Letter Series
– Combination of 2 or more
– Blood Relations
CAT Exam Syllabus for Verbal Reasoning
|– English Usage or Grammar
– Fill in the blanks
– Sentence Correction
– Cloze Passage
– Jumbled Paragraph
– Meaning-Usage Match
|– Summary Questions
– Verbal Reasoning
– Reading Comprehension
– Analogies or Reverse Analogies
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
– Vocabulary Based (Synonyms/ Antonyms)
CAT Exam Syllabus: Important Points
- You can check the syllabus from the above given section.
- Take adequate rest. CAT is a physical and mental game. You will be at your peak efficiency mentally, if your body is at its peak
- Make sure you carry all documents necessary
- Make sure you check the physical location of the centre, at least a day before and check how to reach properly in good time
- Avoid heavy meals before the exam as it is a long and mentally and physically taxing exam
- Don’t go into the exam with a pre-determined number of attempts or scores in your mind
- Don’t feel panic if the paper seems tougher than usual.
- If it is indeed so, it is true for all others too and thus percentiles will not be affected
- Don’t attempt a section without scanning to find out where the doable questions lie
- Move forward and read all the questions, don’t waste time on any one question.