Candidates can download their score card from iimcat.ac.in. Based on the number of participants and average percentile scored, IIMs determine their individual cutoff. The scorecard contains the marks/percentiles scored by the candidates overall and in different sections. CAT is a national level examination and a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programmes (MBA). It offers opportunities to interested applicants to pursue PG programs in Business administration. Every year Lakhs of applicants take part in the examination to fulfill their dream. It is mandatory to qualify the CAT exam, for admission into IIMs. Various reputed colleges other than IIMs also consider the CAT Result 2018 score for offering admission. Check all the details about CAT Result 2018 exam, in the below article.
CAT Result 2018: Important Dates
|Exam date||1st week of Dec 2018|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of Jan 2019|
CAT Result 2018
- Candidates can view their score through the login window on the official website.
- Candidates can check the CAT Result 2018 Result in the second week of January 2019.
- The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually.
- CAT score card will be made available via online mode through the website.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the result for further use.
Steps to check CAT Result 2018
- Go to the official website for CAT.
- On the right hand side of the home page you will find a Download Score Card section.
- Click on the Existing “User button”.
- You will be redirected to the login page.
- Enter your login id and password.
- You will be redirected to your candidate’s account page.
- Click on Download Score card link and download your score card.
- Once downloaded, take a print out of your CAT 2017 Score card.
- Keep the result alongside other requisite documents necessary for CAT 2017 selection procedure.
Details on the CAT Result 2018
- Personal Details (Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Gender)
- Category Details: Category details include information if the candidate is from General, NC-OBC, or SC/ST category.
- Candidate’s contact details: a candidate’s postal address and their email id provided during registration
- Test Details: CAT 2018 Registration number/Login id, test date and slot
- Percentile: A percentile score is the rank of a candidate relative to the rank of other candidates appearing in CAT exam. For example, if in an exam where 100 candidates appeared and your rank is 25, then 75 people scored less than you. So your percentile score would be
(75/100) X 100 = 75%ile
Your CAT score card will contain section-wise percentile score and overall percentile score.
- Scaled Score: Scaling of CAT scores is a process carried out to ensure fairness to all candidates. To ensure fairness in comparing the candidates scores across different test sessions the scores of all appearing candidates are scaled.
- CAT answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off.
- CAT cut-off will be released after the declaration of result.
- CAT Cut-off will depend upon the various terms like number of students, seats availability, exam difficulty, etc.
- Cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST and DA/PwD.
CAT Result 2018: Important Points
- The registration will be started from the second week of August 2018.
- Payment can be done through online mode only.
- There is not any upper or lower age limit is prescribed for CAT exam.
- Students must have secured 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD students.
- If forgotten the password you should go through the Existing User login window and click on the “Forgot Password” option.