CAT Exam pattern 2018 is a paper which consists of examination questions printed on it set to test the knowledge of examination candidates. CAT is the entrance which opens the gateway in various IIM’S institutes all across India. CAT is organized at All India Level for admissions in Post Graduates management degree. CAT 2018 is schedule in the month of December, 2018 and the CAT Exam Pattern 2018 will be declared in January month 2019. Check all the details about CAT Exam Pattern 2018 in the below article.
CAT Exam Pattern 2018: Details
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (Online mode).
- Exam Duration: 3hrs (60 minutes allotted to each section).
- Type of Questions: MCQ & Subjective type
- of questions: Total 100 questions
- Marking Scheme: 3marks allotted to each correct response
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT Syllabus 2018
- No as such fixed syllabus
- Questions will be related to Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning each having separate section.
- Gathers material and complete syllabus which helps students to prepare well and score higher.
QA will consist of questions on
- Arithmetic and Modern Maths
- Basics on Geometry and Trigonometry
- Statistics and Probability
DILR Consists of:
- Logical Games
- Complete Module onData Interpretation
- Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Data Interpretation inTable Form
- Logical reasoning
Verbal Ability & English consists of:
- Critical Reasoning
- Paragraph Forming (Para Jumbled Questions)
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma Publisher: Arihant, Rs. 650, 2013 edition.
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma, Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill 2012 Rs. 625, 2012 edition
- The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 650, 2012 edition.
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha. Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 550, 2012 edition.
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 450, 2012 edition.
- A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech Rs. 500, 2003 edition.
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
- Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS Rs. 149, 2011 edition.
- 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis Rs. 150, 1991 edit.
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test 4th Edition (Paperback) by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma. Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill, Rs. 575, 2011 Edition.
CAT Exam Pattern 2018: Important Points
- The registration will be started from the second week of August 2018.
- Make correct strategy and complete study plan.
- Follow your time schedule and study accordingly.
- Refer best book and prepare well.
- Practice last year and sample papers to get an idea & thus improves speed and manage time.
- Take healthy diet and avoid fast food.
- Syllabus consists of Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning