GATE Counselling will commence apparently in the month of April 2020. GATE is a national level entrance exam for admission to Post Graduate courses in the stream of engineering and technology. IITs will not engage in the activity of organizing a common GATE Counselling for granting admission to various PG courses. All the NITs will organize the Centralized Counselling for PG engineering programs such as M. Arch. / M.Tech. /M. Plan. Candidates have to register separately to various IITs, after the declaration of official admission through GATE. For more details about GATE Counselling 2020, read the article below.
GATE Counselling 2020: Important Dates
|Starting of online registration and fee payment||1st week of April 2020|
|Online choice filling and Locking ends on||1st week of April 2020|
|Automatic locking of saved choices||4th week of April 2020|
|Publication of Seat Allotment||1st week of May 2020|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee||1st week of May 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change||2nd week of May 2020|
|Publication of Seat Allotment||3rd week of May 2020|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee||3rd week of May 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change||4th week of May 2020|
|Publication of Seat Allotment||4th week of May 2020|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee||1st week of June 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change||1st week of June 2020|
|Publication of National Upgradation Seat allotment||2nd week of June 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for National Upgradation||2nd week of June 2020|
|Provisional Admission Letter (PAL)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute||3rd week of June 2020|
|Publication of Internal Sliding||3rd week of June 2020|
|Publication of Vacant seats for NSR||4th week of June 2020|
|National Spot Round (NSR)|
|Starting of the round||1st week of July 2020|
|Ending of Online choice filling and locking||1st week of July 2020|
|Automatic locking of choices||2nd week of July 2020|
|Document verification||2nd week of July 2020|
|Seat allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
|Provisional Admission Letter (PAL)||3rd week of July 2020|
|Reporting of Candidates at Admitted Institute||4th week of July 2020|
GATE Counselling 2020
The GATE CCMT Counselling is conducted by NITs and other centrally funded institutions; it is an online admission procedure. For providing admission to PG courses, no common counselling will be conducted by IITs. Counselling will be scheduled after the result declaration. NIT organizes the Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. / M. Arch. / M. Plan. Admissions (CCMT). Counselling is purely based on GATE 2020 scores. It is the common counselling conducted by NITs every year.
Procedure of GATE Counselling 2020
The GATE counselling process is rigorously based on the GATE 2020 scorecard. Steps involved in the counselling procedure are:-
- Online Registration, Choice Filling, and Choice Locking.
- Allotment of Seat, Seat Acceptance fee payment and Reporting.
- Admission to Allotted Institute.
Steps of GATE Counselling 2020
Online Registration, Choice Filling, and Choice Locking
- Register in the CCMT official website (only qualified candidates).
- Remit the applicable registration fees.
- Applicants will be permitted to fill their choices of preferred programs, on the successful payment of registration fee.
- After filling with the preference the choice filling, candidates were advised to lock their filled choices at the time of the counselling process.
Allotment of Seat, Seat Acceptance fee payment and Reporting:
- This step involves allotment of seats.
- On the basis of choices filled by students and merit list, allotment of seats will be done.
- Once the candidate will be allotted the seat, they have to pay the seat acceptance fees.
- Then candidates have to report to the allotted venue in person on the prescribed date and time specified by the authority.
Admission to Allotted Institute
- After seat allotment, candidates were required to complete the provisional seat confirmation process.
- It’ll be completed by remitting the payment of seat confirmation fee.
- Candidates were able to download the provisional seat confirmation letter from the official site, after the payment of seat confirmation fee.
- Candidates should report to the allotted college, after gaining the confirmation letter from the official site.
- Candidate should have all the necessary documents & certificates for final admission.
Documents required for GATE Counselling 2020
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- 12th class mark sheet
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination (all semester)
- Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Seat acceptance fee proof
- Printout of the Registration form & locked choices
- Original Conduct Certificate from the Head of the institution last attended
- An original Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case result is awaited
- Photo ID proof
- Three Passport size coloured photograph
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Self-Attested Copy of GATE Score Card (2018 or 2019 or 2020)
- One set of self-attested photocopy of all the original documents
Other Colleges Accepting GATE Score
|DIAT Pune||RGUKT Hyderabad|
|IISc Bangalore||Thapar University|
|University of Hyderabad||Maharashtra M.Tech Admission|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune||PEC (Punjab Engineering College)|
|DTU (Delhi Technical University)||COEP (College of Engineering, Pune)|
|Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology||RGIPT (Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum and Technology)|
|IITM-K (Indian Institute of Technology and Management- Kerala)||DAIICT (Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology)|