GNDU Admission 2022: Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) invites applications from eligible applicants to offer admission to UG & PG courses. The admission criteria are different for different courses. The interested candidates can check all the related details of GNDU Admission throughout this article below. The applicants need to fill out the online application form for various courses offered by GNDU. The online application form will be available from April. Check here for complete details about Guru Nanak Dev University Admission.
Guru Nanak Dev University Application process has been started, and interested candidates can apply by 27 June 2022.
GNDU Admission 2022: Important Dates
|Applications start on||05 May 2022|
|Last date of application||27 June 2022|
|Entrance Exam||04 to 21 July 2022|
|GNDU Counselling||05 to 27 July 2022|
Courses Offered (Campus Wise)
At Amritsar Campus
MPhil– Punjabi, Sanskrit, Hindi, Religious Studies, Music (Vocal & Inst.).
Master’s Degree Courses
M.Ed (subject to the approval of NCTE)/ M.Tech (Electronics & Comm. Eng.) Specialization Comm. Systems, Computer Science & Eng., Urban Planning/ M.Arch. (Urban Design)/ M.Sc (Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Fermentation & Microbial Technology, Food Technology, Human Genetics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Physics, Zoology)/ MBA, MBA (Hospital Administration), MBA (FYIC), MCA (TYC), MCA (FYIC), Masters in Physiotherapy (Sports), Master in Planning (Infrastructure), M.Com, M.Pharmacy, M.Lib & Inf. Science), M.P.Ed, LLM, M.Sc (Hons. School), Economics, MPA (Music Vocal), MPA (Music Instrumental)/ M.A (Business Economics, English, Education, Hindi, History Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Punjabi, Religious Studies, Sanskrit, Social Science, Sociology.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses
B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm. Eng., Food Technology, Urban & Regional Planning/ Bachelor of Physiotherapy, B.Pharmacy, Bachelor of Tourism & Travel Mgmt., B.Sc (Hons. School), Chemistry, Human Genetics, Physics, LLB, B.A.LLB (Hons) (FYIC), B.Architecture, B.Lib. & Inf. Science, B.P.Ed, B.Sc (Hons. School), Economics, BA (Hons.) Social Science, BA (Hons. School) Punjabi.
PG Diploma in Mental Health Counseling, PG Diploma in Translation/ Diploma (Full Time in French, Russian), Diploma (Part-Time in French, German, Persian, Russian, Urdu)/ Certificate courses (Part-Time in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Persian, Russian, Urdu)/ Advanced Diploma courses (part Time in French, Persian, Russian, Urdu).
Self-financed courses– MBA (Financial Services, Marketing & Retail Mgmt.)
At Regional Campus, Jalandhar
M.Tech (Electronics & Comm. Eng.), Specialisations Comm. Systems, Computer Science & Eng., MA Journalism & Mass Communication, Punjabi, LLM, LLB, B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng.), Electronics & Comm. Eng, B.A LLB (Hons. FYIC).
At Regional Campus, Baba Bakala
MBA, B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm. Eng., Civil Eng., Mechanical Eng.). MCA (TYC).
At Regional Campus, Fattu Dhingha (Sultanpur Lodhi)
B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm Eng., MCA (TYC), MCA (FYIC), M.Sc (CS), BCA, B.Com, PGDCA).
At Regional Campus, Gurdaspur
M.Tech (Electronics & Comm. Eng.), Specialization Comm. Systems, Computer Science & Eng., MBA, MCA (TYC), B.ALLB (Hons.FYIC), B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm. Eng., Evening Shift Courses), M.Com, B.Com.
At University College, Jalandhar
MBA, MCA (TYC), MBA (FYIC), M.Com, M.Sc (Mathematics), BBA, BCA, B.Com.
ASSM College, Mukandpur
MBA, MCA (TYC), M.Sc (IT), M.Com, M.A (Eco. & Pbi.), B.A, B.Sc, BCA, B.Com, BBA.
GNDU Admission 2022-23 Important Links
|GNDU Main Campus admission Details||Check Here|
|Apply for Main Campus||Apply Here|
|GNDU Regional Campus, Jalandhar||Check Here|
|GNDU Regional Campus, Gurdaspur||Check Here|
|Law Admission||Check Here|
Courses Common to Various Faculties
Bachelor of Arts (Pass Course)
- Senior Secondary Certificate Part-II (12th Class) examination of the Punjab School Education Board. Or
- Any other equivalent examination recognized by this university shall also be admitted to the Part-I examination if he fulfills other conditions such as the combination of subjects and/or minimum percentage of marks required for that examination.
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- A regular bonafide candidate may be offered Honours in any one of the three elective subjects taken up by him, provided he has obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the subject concerned in the semester I and semester II examinations of the B.A./B.Sc (Pass) course.
- a) The student of BA who opts for Hindi Patrakarita (Vocational subject) will also be eligible to study Honours in Hindi.
- b) The student of B.A. who opts for Functional English as the elective subject for three years also is allowed to study honors in English provided he has obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in functional English in semester I and semester II examinations.
Bachelor of Science (Pass Course) / Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- 3 +2 with at least 40% marks in aggregate in the concerned science group or equivalent examination.
Master of Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Faculty with 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in the subject concerned or equivalent examination.
- Master’s degree of this or another University in another subject or another faculty.
Add on Courses Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma
- He/She must be a regular student of TDC Part-I/II/III (any stream) in the affiliated college concerned, in the regular stream of this University.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Bachelor of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication)
- +2 of any recognized Board or University in any stream with at least 50% marks.
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Must have passed B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. or
- A./M.Sc./M.Com. with 50% marks or equivalent examination.
Master of Arts (Media Studies and Production)
- Graduation/Post-Graduation (10+2 System) under any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate from GNDU or any recognized University.
- Admissions are strictly on the merit of the Entrance Test conducted by the concerned college.
Master of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication)
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in any discipline or equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate.
Master of Arts (Police Administration) (for Regular Candidates)
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in one of the following subjects:
- Psychology, Economics, Sociology, Pub. Adm., Pol. Science, History, Anthropology, any discipline of Management, Social Work, Criminology, Arts or Social Sciences. Or
- Graduate Police Officers with Ten years of service and is a Police officer in the Police Department. Or
- Master’s Degree of this University in any subject in any Faculty; or equivalent degree from another University.
Master of Arts (Police Administration) ( for Private Candidates)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with 50% marks. Or
- Graduate Police Officials with five years of service shall also be eligible.
Diploma in Library Science
- +2 examination with 40% marks in aggregate with English as one of the subjects or equivalent examinations.
Diploma in Counseling
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate with Psychology as one of the subjects.
Faculty of Sciences
Bachelor of Food Science & Technology (BFST)(Hons.)
- +2 (Science group) with 40% marks or any other examination equivalent thereto.
Bachelor of Science (Home Science)
- +2 from P.S.E.B. or any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto (with English as Compulsory Subject).
Master of Science (Mathematics)
- A./ B.Sc. with 50% marks in aggregate and having Mathematics as one of the subjects. Or Equivalent Qualification
Postgraduate Diploma in Cosmetology, Postgraduate Diploma in Garment Construction and Fashion Designing.
- Passed B.A./B.Com./B.Sc. and B.Sc. (Home Science) examination of the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar with a minimum of 45% marks or any other examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
Master of Science (Physics)
- Passed B.Sc. degree (10+2+3 system) with (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) or (Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science) or (Physics, Mathematics, and Electronics) with at least 50% marks from GNDU or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by the University.
Master of Science (Chemistry)
- Passed B.Sc. degree (10+2+3 system) with Chemistry as one of the elective subjects with at least 50% marks from GNDU or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by the University.
Master of Science (Fashion Designing & Merchandising)
- Passed B.A. with Fashion Designing and Garment Construction/Home Science/ B.Sc. Home Science/Bachelor of Design (specialization Fashion Design)/B.Sc. Fashion Design or PG Diploma in Dress Designing and Tailoring/PG Diploma in Fashion Designing or B.A. degree with Fashion Designing as an Add-on Course under (10+2+3 system) with at least 45% marks from GNDU or any other equivalent examination from a recognized University/ Institute.
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Diploma courses in Home Science: (Diploma in Cosmetology and Stitching and Tailoring)
- Passed 10+2 examination with at least 40% marks in aggregate.
Diploma in Food Production
- Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with English as one of the subjects at 10th class level.
Diploma in Food & Beverage Service
- Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with English as one of the subjects at 10th class level
|Defense Personnel and their wards(Sons, Daughters, and Spouses)||2|
GNDU Admission 2022 Application Fee
- The application fee is
Rs. 600/- for SC / ST Category).
Rs. 1200/- (for General Category).
For B.Tech courses, the one-time counselling fee will Rs. 2000/- (except B.Tech URP).
- The application fee is to be deposited at any branch of the State Bank of Patiala.
- The bank will issue a unique Journal ID after depositing the money in the bank.
Documents to bring at the time of Counselling
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing testimony to date of birth;
- Detailed marks card of the qualifying examination.
- Character certificate from the Principal of the college/school last attended;
- Two recent passport-size photographs duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended/gazetted officer. Photographs must be pasted on the Form with glue (Please do not use staple pins).
- Reservation certificate as applicable.(As per format applicable on Annexure-I to VI.)
- Residence certificate wherever applicable. (As per format applicable on Annexure-VII)
GNDU Admission 2022: Documents to bring at the time of Counselling: for B.Tech./B.Arch. courses (except B.Tech. URP)
- Hard copy (printed version) of the online application form filled by the candidate in triplicate along with three sets of attested photocopies of the following documents.
- Detailed marks sheet of +2 or equivalent examination.
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing testimony to date of birth.
- Reservation certificate as applicable. (As per format applicable on Annexure-I to VI.)
- Residence certificate. (As per format applicable on Annexure-VII)
- Character certificate from the Principal of the college/school last attended.
- JEE(Main) Admit Card. (For B.Tech. Courses)
- JEE(Main) Score/Rank Card. (For B.Tech. Courses)
- Valid NATA Score(for B.Arch. course only)
- Two recent passport-size photographs duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended.
- Migration and Eligibility Certificate in case of candidates from other universities/Boards.