How to Prepare for CA CPT 2022: Check CPT Syllabus
CA CPT 2022 will be conducted by the examination department of the Institute of Charted Accountants of India for becoming a Chartered Accountant. The examination is conducted at different levels and those who qualify the 1st round will be moving ahead towards another round. CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is an entry-level test for Chartered Accountancy Course. This test consists of four subjects i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, Accounting, Mercantile Laws and General Economics. CA CPT carries 200 marks with the duration of 2hrs including two sessions.
How to Prepare for CA CPT 2022
- As stated clearly, candidates need to score at least 30% in all subjects, so the concentration will be on all the subjects so that they can qualify the basics for all subjects.
- As CA paper is totally based on Accounting so it is necessary for the candidates to clear their basics in accounts with the help of which chances of clearing the examination automatically rise. Make sure the concentration should be on both theoretical parts as well as practical one too.
- Mercantile Law is the scoring subject so practice and learn the Contract Act.
- Economics is the easy subject as compared to all the above there subjects.1st complete Macro Economics which conclude as the scoring one.
- Mathematics and statistics is the difficult topics for some students but remember that try can be succeeded. Try to cover the important topics the ones learned during your school times. In statistics try to complete Correlation and regression, Differentiation and integration, and theoretical distribution which act as the important topics.
- Try to attempt those questions in which you are sure off. Later on try your hand at the parts you are not sure about.
- Make a proper schedule of time and arrange the timetable in such as manner that you’ll cover the maximum topics.
- Practice make the person perfect so don’t worry try and try until you’ll succeed.
Syllabus, will be Helpful to Prepare for CA CPT 2022
Students can study from the syllabus mentioned below which would be covering all the topics to qualify and secure well in CA CPT 2018.
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
- Theoretical Framework:(i) Meaning & Scope of Accounting, (ii) Accounting Concepts, Principles, and Conventions, (iii) Accounting Standard – concepts, objectives, benefits, (iv) Accounting as a measurement discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates & (v) Accounting Policies.
- Accounting Process: Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditure, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof. Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities,
- Depreciation Accounting: Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors.
- Inventories: Basis of inventory valuation and record-keeping
- Accounting for Special Transactions: (a) Consignments, (b) Joint Ventures, (c) Bills of exchange and promissory notes, (d) Sale of goods on approval or return basis.
- Partnership Accounts: Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement, and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
- Introduction to Company Accounts: Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, the redemption of preference shares.
Section B: Mercantile Law (40 Marks)
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of the contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of the contract and breach of contract.
- The Indian Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership-Rights and duties of partners-Registration and dissolution of a firm.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale-Conditions and Warranties-Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods-Unpaid seller and his rights.
Section C: General Economics (50 Marks)
(I) Micro Economics
- Introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope, and nature of Economics, Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve & Methods of economics study
- Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of Demand and Elasticity of Demand-Price, income and cross elasticity, Theory of consumer’s behavior Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of Supply and Elasticity of supply.
- Theory of Production and Cost: Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of Production- Law of Returns to Scale, The Law of Variable Proportions, Concepts of Costs – Short-run and Long-run Costs, Average and Marginal Costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
- Price Determination in Different Markets: Various forms of markets – Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly, and Price determination in these markets.
(II) Indian Economic Development
- Indian Economy – A Profile: (a) Nature of the Indian Economy, (b) Role of different sectors – Agriculture, Industry and Services in the development of the Indian Economy, their problems and growth, (c) National Income of India – Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various Plans, (d) Basic understanding of tax system of India – Direct and Indirect Taxation.
- Economic Reforms in India: (a) Features of economic reforms since 1991, (b) Liberalisation, Privatisation, and Disinvestment, (c) Globalisation.
Select Aspects of Indian Economy: (a) Population – Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth, (b) Poverty – Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation, (c) Unemployment – Types, Causes and incidence of unemployment, (d) Infrastructure – Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education, (e) Inflation, (f) Budget and Fiscal deficits, (g) Balance of payments, (h) External debts
- Money and Banking: (a) Money – Meaning and functions, (b) Commercial Banks – Role and functions, (c) Reserve Bank of India – Role, and functions, Monetary policy.
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
- Linear – Graphical solution to linear equations, simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines.
- Inequalities– Graphs of inequalities in two variables – common region.
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity ─ Applications
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Sets, Functions, and Relations
- Statistical description of data- Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency Distribution, Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
- Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
- Sampling Theory
- Basic Principles of sampling theory- Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample survey, Some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
- Correlation and Regression
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion -Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
- Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
- Theoretical Distributions Binomial, Poisson, and Normal.
- Index Numbers
All the above topics will be beneficial for the candidate to prepare for CA CPT 2022. So the candidate can make their study plan accordingly.
7 thoughts on “How to Prepare for CA CPT 2022”
Cpt syllabus and previous papers
can i know the more details for addmission in cpt exam
Admission kab hoga
Admission kb hoga
When we get admission for CA kindly update me
can I know the more details for admission in cpt exam
Cpt syllabus and previous papers