HPU B.Ed 2023: To select the candidates for admission in 2 years, Bachelor of Education program, Himachal Pradesh University conducts HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam. All the important information about HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card and Result etc are given in the article below. Candidates can apply for HPU B.Ed 2023 to take admission into the allied institutes of Himachal Pradesh to pursue the course. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements. Get more details about HPU B.Ed 2023 in the following article.
Check Here: HPU Application Form.
HPU B.Ed 2023: Important Dates
|Release the online Application||1st week of May 2023|
|End date for submitting the application form||To be updated|
|Issue of Admit Card||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||To be updated|
|Announcement of result||To be updated|
|Date of Issuance of Merit List||To be updated|
|spot admission and Counseling||To be updated|
- To appear in HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023, applicants must be citizens of India.
- For students applying to the regular B.Ed course of 2 years, there is no upper age limit prescribed by the authority.
- Passed Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts) with 50% marks is required or
- Passed Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Sciences/ Humanity/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with a specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks is required.
- A minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination will be required by SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD applicants.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Such candidates will be required to produce the necessary documents at the time of admission.
HPU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form will be available online on the official website. Candidates will be required to fill in the information in the application form related to their academic records. Read the instruction carefully given in the advertisement. Candidates will be required to upload the scanned photo and signature to upload in the application form before submission. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the duly filled application form and after making the payment of the application fee.
- The application fee is INR 800 for the General and OBC categories.
- For SC/ ST candidates, the application fee is INR 400.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Application fees can be paid via online mode via Internet banking or Credit/ Debit card.
- There is also a facility to pay the application fee through offline mode.
- Aspirants can pay offline mode by using an e-Challan of the State bank of India.
- To pay through offline mode, download the e-Challan from the website, fill in the necessary details and submit it along with the fees at the nearest branch of the bank.
- The exam will take place in offline mode (pen paper-based).
- There will be 150 multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- 2 hours of duration will be given to complete the exam.
- 1 mark will be awarded for a correct answer.
|Name of Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Language & Comprehension (Hindi & English)||40||40|
|Teaching Aptitude and Aptitude||20||20|
|Knowledge of National Commissions/ Committees on Education||30||30|
- Applicants will be required to select the city code in the application form accordingly.
- The allotted exam center will not be changed under any situation.
- The governing body will allow a center for the participants to give the exam.
- The venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
Check here: University Application Form 2023
HPU B.Ed 2023 Counseling Process
- The counseling process will start around July 2023.
- The counseling schedule will be uploaded on the official HPU website.
- The participants shortlisted via the merit list must attend the counseling session according to the time and date allotted to them for admission to the various colleges.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and preference of the institute as chosen by the applicant.
- The candidates selected through the entrance exam must be present in person for the counseling procedure.
Documents required during counseling
- HPU B.Ed 2023 admit card and rank card
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- Mark sheets of all semesters of qualifying graduate degree
- Caste certificate and PwD certificate
- Character certificate from the institution last attended
- The syllabus is based on graduate-level knowledge covering questions from topics of degree subjects (BA, B.Com, B.Sc, etc.).
- The exam consists of questions from the subjects like General Awareness, Language and Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education, Teaching Aptitude and Attitude.
HPU B.Ed 2023: Important Points
- Admit cards will be available to download from the official website of HPU.
- The admit card will contain details about the applicant such as the name and roll number, date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address.
- Preserve the admit card carefully till the admission process is over.
- The admit card will be required to produce at the time of admission and counseling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
- Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post to any participant.
- Admit card is an important document to sit in the examination hall.
- Without the admit card, there will be no student who can enter the exam hall it.
- The result will be announced on the official website of the university in the form of scorecards.
- The results will be declared in the last week of June 2023.
- Candidates can download their results from the official website by accessing their registered accounts.