Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers educational services through Open and Distance Learning. The University was established in the year 1985 and provides higher education to all sections of the Society. It is a popular education hub among students who are seeking higher education through distance learning. Aspirants can submit the application to those who are looking forward to joining IGNOU for its Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from the official website before filling the form. To get all the important information about IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2021 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result in, etc read the article below carefully.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Updates
B.Ed Online application process starts from the 4th week of January 2021. Check Here: IGNOU B.Ed Application Form
IGNOU B.Ed 2021: Important Dates
|The application process starts with||4th week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit the application||4th week of February 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||1st week of April 2021|
|Entrance Exam||4th week of April 2021|
|Announcement of Result||To be updated|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
- Completed the bachelor level of education from any recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks at the bachelor level of education.
- The candidates of the reserved category will be required to have 50% marks at the bachelor level.
- The candidates may have a bachelor level degree or master level degree in any discipline.
- Candidates, who are trained in-service teachers in elementary education, will be eligible to apply for the entrance exam and further for admission.
- Those, who have completed the NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode, will be eligible to apply.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021: Application Form
Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. There is no need to send the printed copy of the Admission Form to the Regional Centre. The original documents should be submitted later by the students for verification.
- The application fee will be submitted before submitting the application form.
- The fee will be Rs. 1000 for all the applicants.
- The application fee can be paid thru the credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The Duration for the exam will be of 2 hours.
- Candidates have to indicate their answers using a black/blue ballpoint pen only.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There will be no provision of negative marking in the exam.
- As for the sections in the question paper, the paper will be divided into 2 sections- A and B.
|Parts ‘A’ & ‘B’||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Section I (Part ‘A’)||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II (Part ‘A’)||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III (Part ‘A’)||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV(Part ‘A’)||Teaching-Learning & the School||25||25|
|Parts ‘B’||Subject Competence (any of the one)
Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies/ English/ Hindi
- The university will offer admission to the applicants who successfully passed the entrance examination.
- On the basis of the marks attained by the applicants in the entrance examination, the authority will release the final list of successful candidates.
The authority conducts the counselling process at various Regional Centers throughout India. Candidates will be shortlisted purely on the basis of merit in the entrance exam to appear for the counselling session. Further counselling rounds would be conducted if the vacant seat left after the first round of seat allocation. The self-attested copies and the original documents should be present for verification purposes.
List of Documents Required for Counselling
- 10th and 12th Certificate along with mark sheet
- Original Call Later / Hall Ticket of the entrance exam
- Degree and mark sheet of post-graduation / graduation
- Employment certificate in original
- Affidavit by Parents/Student/Guardian
- 2 passport size photographs
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Degree and mark sheet of professional qualification (diploma/degree)
IGNOU B.Ed 2021: Important Points
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card one or two weeks ago at the commencement of the entrance exam.
- It is important to take Admit Card with you while going to the examination center.
- The candidate can not give the exam, without the admit card.
- The result will be available on the official website.
- After the commencement of the examination, the result will take at least one and a half months in publishing.
- Successful candidates will be eligible to take the admission in the University for the Online Distance Learning Course.