IGNOU Grade Card 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) releases the Grade Card for December TEE in April on http://ignou.ac.in/. So candidates can check their grade card status by entering their IGNOU Program Code and Enrollment No. on the official website.
The IGNOU grade card contains details like practical marks, assignment marks, theory exam marks, etc. Therefore it is important for the IGNOU to download the grade card and retain a printed copy of it for future reference. Considering the significance of the grade card, all the necessary details of the IGNOU grade card for December TEE are given here.
IGNOU Grade Card 2023-24: Important Dates
IGNOU conducts the Term End Examination (TEE) twice a year and issues a grade card for both terms. Hence, candidates are advised to download it as soon as it gets released on the official website. You can find the important dates of IGNOU grade cards in the table given below:
|Events||June TEE||December TEE|
|IGNOU grade card available to Download||October||April|
IGNOU Grade Card 2023-24: Direct Download Links
Candidates who appeared on the TEE 2020 can check their grade cards on the official website. Also, the direct links for the grade cards are given in the below table.
|All Other Programs||TBA|
IGNOU Grade Card – June 2023
For June 2020 TEE, click the following direct links to access the grade cards and download them for future references.
|BDP/BA/B.COM/B.Sc./ASSO Programmes||Click Here|
|Other Programmes||Click Here|
Steps to Download the IGNOU Grade Card from the Website
Here are all the steps to download the IGNOU grade card directly from the official website so let’s get started:
- Go to IGNOU’s official website, http://www.ignou.ac.in/.
- Click on the ‘Results’ button displayed on the home page.
- From the menu, click on the ‘Grade Card’ appearing on the left side of the screen.
- It will open a window showing the list of the grade cards’ links of all the courses. Choose the relevant link from the list.
- Clicking on the links mentioned above will open a new window, asking for login credentials as program code and enrollment number.
- After selecting the program and enrollment number, click on the Submit button.
- This will display the grade card on the screen, check all the details, and download it for future references.
IGNOU Grade Card
The IGNOU grade that appears on the official website looks like the following:
IGNOU Grading System Weightage
IGNOU rewards the candidates with grades enrolled in any of the courses. The grades of the students are decided by their performance in both the assignments and the Term End Examination (TEE). Moreover, their weightage in preparing the grade card is explained below.
- In preparing the IGNOU grade card, the assignment holds 30%, however, the remaining 70% are awarded based on the Term-end theory examination.
- The marks in both the assignments and theory exams are calculated out of 100. Further, it is scaled down in a ratio of 30:70 for both of them respectively.
- Students can calculate the overall grade by summing up the total marks in each subject followed by dividing it by 1200.
- Suppose a candidate has scored 75 marks in assignments, then 30% of it, i.e. 22.5 will be used while calculating the accumulated score.
- Similarly, if 90 marks are gained in TEE, then 70%, i.e. 63 will serve as an accumulated score.
- Then to convert the accumulated score into grade points consider the IGNOU grade chart given below.
IGNOU Grading Chart 2023-24
The grading system followed in IGNOU by converting the percentage gained by students is explained in the table given below.
|Grade Letter||Percentage||Grade Point||Qualitative Assessment|
|A||80% and Above||5||Excellent|
IGNOU Grade Card 2023 – Duplicate Copy
A grade Card or Marksheet needs to be submitted to get the degree, once the course completes. Therefore, it is inevitable to preserve the grade card after downloading. However, if any candidate loses the grade card, then there is a provision to apply for its duplicate copy. So, the candidate can apply for it by paying an amount of rs 250 in the form of a DD. Besides the DD, the student has to draft an application requesting a duplicate copy of the grade card to the given address.
(Student Evaluation Division)
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Block 12, Maidan Garhi
New Delhi-110 068
Fee for Grade Card Duplicate Copy
|Rs 200||Indian Students|
|Rs 400||SAARC Countries Students|
- IGNOU Assignment 2023-24 Status, Last Date for Submission, Dates
- Exam Form June 2023: Last Date, Online Term End Exams
- IGNOU Exam Date Sheet 2023 June Term End Exam Dates
IGNOU Grade Card 2023 FAQs
Q1. How is the IGNOU grade different from the result?
The IGNOU grade card consists of details of the assignment score, practical score, and a combined score of the candidate. However, in the IGNOU results, only candidates’ course details and the TEE marks are available. This makes IGNOU grade card different from the results.
Q2. Is there a provision to apply for re-evaluation of the IGNOU grade card?
Yes, if a candidate is dissatisfied with the grades, then, he/she can apply for a re-evaluation. For this, a re-evaluation application form has to be submitted in the favour of IGNOU. Besides the application, a demand draft is also submitted for the same.
Q3. What is the amount of the fee for re-evaluation of the IGNOU grade card?
For getting the IGNOU score card re-evaluation, candidates have to pay Rs. 750.
Q4. How many marks are required to qualify in the IGNOU exams?
The minimum marks required to pass the IGNOU exam are at least 35 marks in theory out of 100 and 50% marks in assignments.